Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Up until recently I have refused to update my version of Topaz from the version I paid for a couple of years back, mainly because it was working fine and I was happy with it. However, I acquired a newer version last week, the most current version available, and to be perfectly honest, it has blown me away. It is a far better program now, and it was pretty damned good anyway, but this version, whatever they have done, is a vast improvement, especially the sharpening and detail recovery aspect.
If you are using an older version, and havent tried the new one, I suggest getting a trial under a different name/email, just to see the difference. It's astounding.

Up until recently I have refused to update my version of Topaz from the version I paid for a couple of years back, mainly because it was working fine and I was happy with it. However, I acquired a newer version last week, the most current version available, and to be perfectly honest, it has blown me away. It is a far better program now, and it was pretty damned good anyway, but this version, whatever they have done, is a vast improvement, especially the sharpening and detail recovery aspect.
If you are using an older version, and havent tried the new one, I suggest getting a trial under a different name/email, just to see the difference. It's astounding.
I had heard the new version is pretty good. Noise reduction has always been a balancing act between detail/artifacts/soft and noise. This is one application where I'll be happy to let AI do it for me!

I had heard the new version is pretty good. Noise reduction has always been a balancing act between detail/artifacts/soft and noise. This is one application where I'll be happy to let AI do it for me!
It's extremely good in auto mode, and now has 4 options to use too, though I stick to 2. It is really enhancing details in some of my moth shots.

I was thinking of up grading recently but I think it is an annual fee?

Think they are done with versions of DeNoise and are pushing everyone to PhotoAI. I had not updated my version of DeNoise in a couple years and when I checked they have special pricing for PhotoAI for those that have used Topaz software, so I went with that. I have let the AI do most of the work with determining the denoising but have turned off the sharpening as I think it over does it most of the time. I have yet to mess with the enlarging part of the tool.

I was thinking of up grading recently but I think it is an annual fee?
You can pay per version just after a year you will not get any updates.

Think they are done with versions of DeNoise and are pushing everyone to PhotoAI. I had not updated my version of DeNoise in a couple years and when I checked they have special pricing for PhotoAI for those that have used Topaz software, so I went with that. I have let the AI do most of the work with determining the denoising but have turned off the sharpening as I think it over does it most of the time. I have yet to mess with the enlarging part of the tool.
Interesting, I trialled that and didn't like it much, but I don't have use for a lot of the features. I'm running Version 3.70 of Denoise.

Loved DeNoise. Photo AI is work in progress but literally has improved nearly every week. It's Thursday and that is when the new releases generally become available.

Can always run DeNoise, Gigapixel or Sharpen as a standalone if needed but I'm not longer paying for updates that will likely never come.
You can manually change settings with far greater ease in PhotoAI now than when it first came online.

Back