A1 freezing

GlynRDav

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Glyn
Has anyone else experienced the A1 refuses to focus during a shoot (mine is wildlife)? It happens to me sometimes but turning off and on the camera solves it. I would rather not have to do this but I don't know what causes it. For reference I use Back-Button focus. and the firmware is 1.31
Any ideas?
TIA
Glyn

I very occasionally experience the same issue but as it isn't frequent enough to cause me to seek service attention I have learnt to live with it...
I too am a wildlife and BIF shooter.

The flagship tripping over its own donk. There must a firmware issue.

This happens to me as well. When it does it might happen a few times in an outing but then not happen again for a while. I tried to see if it was something with the battery or memory cards but it isn't consistent enough.

I have this occasionally only when using the 200-600. A quick twist of the lens usually fixes it.

I get this infrequently, but still inopportunely! Sometimes, a quick on/off, sometimes a little wiggle of the lens, and it is fine again. Like others, not enough of an issue to make a fuss about.

Not that it's much help, but I have never experienced this. I got my A1 at release, and used it heavily until the A7RV arrived (now I use both). I'm on the last firmware before the Creator stuff - 1.31, I think.

As the twist of the lens is mentioned have you tried cleaning the contacts on the lens and camera.

As the twist of the lens is mentioned have you tried cleaning the contacts on the lens and camera.
Thanks Iain, I did clean the contacts but that has not helped. I have been switching off and on which sorts it. Next time I will try a twist of Zoom and see if that helps

I have this occasionally only when using the 200-600. A quick twist of the lens usually fixes it.
Same here, I have experienced it with red kites around 30 metres away. Not particularly challenging for this combo, but it just refused. If I looked away and focused on a passing van, no issue.

Quite frustrating.

Ok so I have from time to time had this on the a9 and when it has happened I noted that its usually a sudden change of light level ie lifting the camera and lens from a ground shot which is darker and then a sky shot which is bright and fairly empty apart from target image. as above replies off and back on with camera switch resets normal service, so I guess it is sensor read out blip

Back