Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
This Emirates A380 was on its way to Heathrow as it passed by Big Ben in London. I love the A380 and am proud to say I contributed to its design! It's a real shame that Airbus have stopped production. I think the A380 has the best first class cabin in the skies - having a shower at 43,000 ft and 600 mph is pretty special (thanks for the upgrade Ethaid).
A380_ben-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100
A380_ben-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100
A380_ben-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100
A380_ben-4.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 100

Very cool, and more cool you helped design it.

That must be so satisfying to see the fruits of your labours passing by in the sky.

While I have flown an A380 to London, I certainly have no idea what the first class cabin looks like! ;)

That must be so satisfying to see the fruits of your labours passing by in the sky.
It is indeed, especially when it is such a beautiful aircraft! I only had a very small part to do with it. I was involved in ensuring that the internal configuration and emergency procedures were appropriate and that you could evacuate all the passengers and crew safely in 90 seconds.

While I have flown an A380 to London, I certainly have no idea what the first class cabin looks like! ;)
Post COVID it's now crazy, crazy expensive to fly even business class, let alone First Class. But the upgrade is a wonderful thing when it happens. I've been upgraded several times, once straight from economy to first class!

Last edited:
Post COVID it's now crazy, crazy expensive to fly even business class, let alone First Class. But the upgrade is a wonderful thing when it happens. I've been upgraded several times, once straight from economy to first class!
There's nothing sweeter than a free upgrade. I once manages to get a First Class upgrade on Lufthansa from San Francisco to Berlin. I was very happy but the two Gentlemen I was traveling with didn't share my joy, even though I didn't ask for the upgrade.

Back