Name
Roger Smith
Country
United States
City/State
San Diego
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I'm a bit surprised at how little traffic the A6700 receives here. Anybody willing to post some images, comments on how they like the camera? I'm looking at it for a backup to A1, APSC option for occasional extra reach, small travel camera. Cheers.

I'm not surprised at the lack of posts; its a fairly new camera body and this forum has significantly more Full-Frame owners than APSC. Not to mention the A7CII and the A6700 are identical in size, so there may be some buyers who swing towards the compact full frame since APSC isn't the tiny camera it used to be.
Regardless, I think we only have one or two members with the a6700. I share your curiosity and do hope they see this thread and post up.

Top secret list that one... 🫣

Yes, I have an A6700, but I only have three bodies at the moment :-( And I’ve never owned an A7S or A7C series body, nor any of the A7 bodies (like A7III or A7IV)

It is small and light, and I like it very much for those times when I want to go lightweight. Works well with the 20-70 G and the 70-200 G II.

The only A6xxx camera I have used before is the A6400, which I really didn’t like because it was too compromised - used the FW50 battery, EVF was too small for me, and controls were too limited.

The A6700 fixes the battery with a nice FZ100, the EVF with good optics in front of it, and it has more controls. It uses the excellent sensor from the FX30, and feels like a much lighter version of the A7RV in crop mode.

For lightweight use I am happier with this rather than any of the A7C bodies.

Last edited:
Back