Sony A7 + A7 II A7 steadyshot not working

cdd29

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
craig
A7 question. I picked one up to be converted for infrared, eventually. However I'm going to be using it as a second camera for an event this weekend. I noticed the Steady Shot won't turn on with any of my Sigma lenses, specifically the Art 24-70 which I was planning on using on that body & says the lens it's not compatible with that feature. True? It won't work with any Sigma lens I have tried (24-70/2.8, 105/2.8 macro.) Will try my Sony 70-200 tonight and guess I'll use than lens on the A7 if it works. Nothing in the manual other than general Steady Shot info and Google hasn't really turned up any information.

A7 question. I picked one up to be converted for infrared, eventually. However I'm going to be using it as a second camera for an event this weekend. I noticed the Steady Shot won't turn on with any of my Sigma lenses, specifically the Art 24-70 which I was planning on using on that body & says the lens it's not compatible with that feature. True? It won't work with any Sigma lens I have tried (24-70/2.8, 105/2.8 macro.) Will try my Sony 70-200 tonight and guess I'll use than lens on the A7 if it works. Nothing in the manual other than general Steady Shot info and Google hasn't really turned up any information.
I know zero about the A7, but were there any firmware updates you may be missing that would correct this?

The good news is that with that lens the focal length(s) are short enough that under normal conditions you can just use the old rule of focal length/shutter speed. Even the long end wouldn't require a fast shutter.

Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

Back