Welcome to Our Sony Alpha Shooters Forum

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sony A7 IV Trouble with auto-ISO

Checksix

Newcomer
Followers
0
Following
0
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Posts
9
Likes Received
6
Trophy Points
3
Name
Greg Yamada
I am shooting wildlife with a new A7 IV and FE 4.5-5.6 100-400mm GM OSS lens set to shutter priority at 1000-1500th of a second. I am using auto-ISO. Until very recently it worked perfectly from very bright sunlight to very deep shade and other low-light conditions. Now even in mid-day shade the image in my viewfinder is so dark I can't see the subject. It's as if it's not choosing a high enough ISO. I have ISO range limit set to 50-2048000. I'm wondering whether I inadvertently changed one of my settings on either the camera or lens that is causing this. It's very frustrating since I've had to stop using auto-ISO because I'm missing too many low-light opportunities, which in turn is requiring me to use a higher ISO than necessary when the lighting is good. Any ideas to fix this are most appreciated!
 
Last edited:

* Please Consider Becoming a Site Supporter To Remove These Ads *

Back
Top