a7r v tracking

steve7174

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Steve Hoerler
I am new to the forum and happy to be here.
I recently purchased a Sony a 7r V Primarily for underwater photography.
I am trying to adjust the settings so that I can do tracking without having to hold the focus button constantly.
Does anyone have any information regarding this?
Thanks

In the Autofocus settings, you will want to select Continuous Autofocus (AF-C). The online manual on Sony's website is very good. For this specific question, check this link out https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2230/v1/en/contents/TP0002919988.html

Welcome to the forums! Hope that helps and enjoy your new A7RV!
I don't think that answers the question. He wants to keep it tracking even when not holding BBF or half press shutter button. I don't know that that's possible, most cameras will only track when a button is held. But since I don't have an RV, maybe someone else will know.

I don't think that answers the question. He wants to keep it tracking even when not holding BBF or half press shutter button. I don't know that that's possible, most cameras will only track when a button is held. But since I don't have an RV, maybe someone else will know.
True enough. We need a bit more info from Steve. If you don't press the shutter button in some capacity, you're not taking any photos. In video mode, it does continue to focus even if no buttons are pressed. In any case, sounds like a fairly unique way to use your camera. I'm intrigued and happy to help

I believe you could assign a custom key, and assign it to "Tracking ON Toggle". Hit the assigned button to turn on, then hit it again to turn off.

Back