Followers
Following
Name
Keith Broad
Country
Australia
City/State
Melbourne
I just received my new A9 in the mail. It has v5 firmware installed, so I diligently download the latest firmware updater. I got it going on my MacBook (which has the latest OS), connected the camera when asked, but nothing happens. The USB screen comes up on the camera, but nothing else happens. It’s really got me stumped. Any suggestions?

I had this trouble recently with my A7rii. First, make sure you're using the cable that came with the camera (or a certified replacement -- I found one on Amazon). Also, make sure you know where your camera was built. I had forgotten I got mine in Hong Kong, and had to go to the Sony HK site to download the file. If it still doesn't work, try it on a PC if you have access to one. Sony and Mac don't always like each other.

Thanks. I have tried those suggestions. I will have to find another computer. At the moment we are under lockdown, so I will have to wait until I can a computer with a normal USB connection. My MacBook only has USB-C type ports, so I have to connect through an adapter. Thanks again.

Back