Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Affiliate links.

Ade

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Ade
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
West Yorkshire
A question for Tim maybe.
I’m aware that if I purchase an item through an affiliate link on this site, a kickback may apply.
My question is if I click on an affiliate link to say Amazon, then search for something else and make a purchase whilst still going through that link - will a kickback still apply?
Only asking as I (like most people nowadays) am making more online purchases than ever and it seems a shame not to make pass on any kickbacks if possible.

A question for Tim maybe.
I’m aware that if I purchase an item through an affiliate link on this site, a kickback may apply.
My question is if I click on an affiliate link to say Amazon, then search for something else and make a purchase whilst still going through that link - will a kickback still apply?
Only asking as I (like most people nowadays) am making more online purchases than ever and it seems a shame not to make pass on any kickbacks if possible.
Hey Ade, thanks for asking!

Currently there aren't any affiliate links in the forum area of this site, only on the blog. Most affiliate programs like Amazon will normally payout on everything that's in your basket when you hit the purchase button, although there are exceptions. So yes, if you clicked an Amazon.co.uk affiliate link and purchased a lens and a Christmas jumper, provided it has tracked correctly then I'd receive a commission on both items.

I have to be careful what I say in regards to Amazon's affiliate program as they are very strict on how you promote their links. I can't simply say something along the lines of: "You can support this site by purchasing through the affiliate links", as this is classed as incentivizing people to click the links and Amazon really doesn't like this.

Although other retailers like B&H Photo in the US and Wex Photo in the UK are not so strict, so you can certainly click those links if you would like to and I'd be very grateful! :) Although I'd recommend just purchasing through the stores that you are happy with. In the UK I've bought gear from Wex, Park, Camera Centre UK, Wilkinson, Harrison Cameras, and LCE and so far haven't had any issues.

Online purchases are certainly up right now, we always seem to be battling with Amazon boxes in our house! Although I don't think people are making as many expensive camera and lens purchases in the current environment, which is probably wise unless you are very certain about your job security.

Thanks Tim.
I meant the blog - didn’t realise it was classed separately to the forum.
Mum’s the word re Amazon. We too have several deliveries coming to the house weekly so it will be interesting to see what can be gained if I go through these channel.

On another note, you deserve congratulations on the blog. It is such wonderful place for knowledge and the work that goes into it is more than appreciated by myself and others I’m sure. I for one have learned so much on there and it is so well set out.
Ade.

Thanks Tim.
I meant the blog - didn’t realise it was classed separately to the forum.
Mum’s the word re Amazon. We too have several deliveries coming to the house weekly so it will be interesting to see what can be gained if I go through these channel.

On another note, you deserve congratulations on the blog. It is such wonderful place for knowledge and the work that goes into it is more than appreciated by myself and others I’m sure. I for one have learned so much on there and it is so well set out.
Ade.

I guess to everyone else it looks like one platform but there are actually two. The blog runs on WordPress and the Forum on XenForo. I've tried to make them look similar but I could probably do a better job there to be honest.

Glad to hear that you like the blog :) I haven't worked on it as much as I would have liked this year as getting the forum setup and online has really sucked up my time, along with becoming a parent for the first time! I hope to get back to creating more content again soon though, there are just a few more features I really want to get rolled out here first.

Interesting insight into the links. Good work, if only I had a good website!

Interesting insight into the links. Good work, if only I had a good website!
If you need any tips just let me know!

New in Marketplace

Back