Followers
Following
Name
Hank
Country
Australia
City/State
Sydney, New South Wales
I hadn't heard about this but find it very interesting.

The image creator is a photographer who wanted to get the photography world to acknowledge and get the conversation moving around AI imagery and photo competitions. Here's the statement from the photographer, Boris Eldagsen, about the image and winning the first prize.

And if the Generative Fill Adobe is put in Photoshop works as advertised (big if), there's going to be a lot MORE of this.

Someone did an AI image of an explosion next to the Pentagon and caused quite a stir today. We tend to focus on how it's going to affect us from a photography standpoint, but there are far more nefarious uses.

Someone did an AI image of an explosion next to the Pentagon and caused quite a stir today. We tend to focus on how it's going to affect us from a photography standpoint, but there are far more nefarious uses.
Already being used in politics, I believe Petapixel ran a story about GOP posting a campaign video entirely constructed via AI imagery. I will look for the story and post it.

Edit, I don't want to get bogged down in politics, my point was only to show that AI is already being abused in ways we may take for granted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think an authenticity movement is going to take hold more than ever before. A kind of backlash to fakery. The tradition of photography has always allowed adjustments to tone and colour, but not replacement with new content that was never ‘painted by light’.

Back