Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
This is the statue atop the the Queen Victoria monument at Buckingham Place. The statue represents Victory. I'd be interested to know if you prefer the colour or BW image of the full statue. I particularly like the cropped image, I feel that Victory was looking straight at me, down my lens. Images were taken with my Sony A7iv + Sony GM 70-200mm f2.8 OSS II.
golden_girl-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 191.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 100
golden_girl_IR_punch-7.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 191.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 100
golden_girl_IR_-10.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 191.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 100

It's a good shot. Both work, depends on the context. As a standalone artwork I prefer the B&W. For a shot of a statue at Buckingham and an explanation of what it is/represents, the color is more appropriate.

In any event we all know you're lying, because the sky is blue. Can't possibly be England... :ROFLMAO:

Acutally, I had to wait for the shot for the clouds to clear just behind the statue! You can see some clouds in the top right! And thanks for your comments about the image, really appreciate it and I totally agree.

No, just for about 30 minutes. There were breaks in the clouds and they seemed to be moving relatively quickly in the right direction.

In any event we all know you're lying, because the sky is blue. Can't possibly be England... :ROFLMAO:
I second this! I took pics at the changing of the guard back in April and it was gray skies far as you could see 🤣

Nice picture Ed (y)

Back