Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Birds Another kestrel early edit from yesterday

spudhead

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
kestel 2023 12.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Sony FE 200–600mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS (SEL200600G)
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 2000

Very nice Gary!

Excellent

Superb Gary

Hi, Gary.
That's an amazing shot. How do you get a photo like this? Do you have to lie in wait or ...?

Very nice Gary!
Thanks so much Tim right time right place, mate and of 300 shots this is not even the best and the keeper rate is over 200, I am very happy I went for that walk:)

Hi, Gary.
That's an amazing shot. How do you get a photo like this? Do you have to lie in wait or ...?
Thanks I guess right place right time and yes I was to some extent sort of semi in cover of bushes

Cracking shot Gary! I was watching one yesterday but it never came closer than 200m. I’m guessing this was much closer! 🙂

Cracking shot Gary! I was watching one yesterday but it never came closer than 200m. I’m guessing this was much closer! 🙂
Hi Tim I promised my self to get at least one walk a week this year and I am glad I did, on the first walk I spotted the kestrel but the light was horrible so decided to try again a few days later and yes same bird same area. most shots were with in a 100 feet or so from a bit of cover

You have done it again Gary. Great shot.
Thanks Iain right place right time and I was lucky enough to get 30 minutes or so watching and bagging some nice shots in decent light for once

Thanks to all who looked and commented :)

Hi Tim I promised my self to get at least one walk a week this year and I am glad I did, on the first walk I spotted the kestrel but the light was horrible so decided to try again a few days later and yes same bird same area. most shots were with in a 100 feet or so from a bit of cover
That sounds like a good promise to yourself Gary. I'm the same, trying to find the time to get out for more walks this year and to some local reserves too, although an unexpected operation has put those plans back a little.

New in Marketplace

Back