Another new member, hello!

shaigh

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Steve Haigh
Hello!

I recently got back in to photography, many years ago I used film but gave up for a long time.

On a whim I bought a second hand (and quite cheap) Canon DSLR from a colleague a couple of years ago and had a play with it, I realised how much fun digital was and soooo much easier than film to experiment and learn. I decided to upgrade and took the advice of the camera shop to go mirrorless. I eBay-ed the Canon and bought a new A7Riii and the 24-105 F4. I was blown away by the quality. Since then I've developed a bit of a habit of acquiring lenses and not regretted a single one (although I hardly use the wide zoom).

During lockdown I've been pushing the 200mm zoom to it's limit photographing garden birds. I fear I may be about to buy the 200-600. :unsure:

Anyway, here are a couple of garden birds, quite heavily cropped, but the A7riii lets you get away with that ;)

21-03-07-0025.jpg 21-03-07-0026.jpg

Welcome.gif

Welcome Steve and thanks for joining up here. Those little birds are always tricky at 200mm, I think the 200-600 is definitely calling you! :)

Back