• ISO 1250
_DSC2988.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 800

Great photos. I saw one once at the zoo in Brownsville, Texas (not a zoo animal, it was roaming the waterways that separate the animal exhibits).

If anyone outside USA reads this and is unfamiliar with their story, they are an invasive species native to South America. A hurricane in the early twentieth century knocked down the fences in the holding pens were they were being bred for fur, and once they escaped there was no going back.

Up here (Oregon, SW Wash) they love golf-course water hazards!
Don't ask how I know that.. 🤬

Up here (Oregon, SW Wash) they love golf-course water hazards!
Don't ask how I know that.. 🤬
Are you sure those are nutria? I thought they were only in the southeastern United States?

Great photos. I saw one once at the zoo in Brownsville, Texas (not a zoo animal, it was roaming the waterways that separate the animal exhibits).

If anyone outside USA reads this and is unfamiliar with their story, they are an invasive species native to South America. A hurricane in the early twentieth century knocked down the fences in the holding pens were they were being bred for fur, and once they escaped there was no going back.
Thank you so much for that info as it is something I had no idea about and found it really interesting.

Back