Roger Smith
Country
United States
City/State
San Diego
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hey everyone,
Not sure how many folks outside of bird photographers follow Arthur Morris' blog. He has been working allot with the A9III and 300 f2.8 and shares some interesting observations
Glad to hear the A9III doesn't have an AA filter, I thought the A9II filter was quite heavy.
Anyway, he has produced some great action shots with the super fast burst mode, made me interested in this camera a bit again. I'll just take something for my GAS before hurting the wallet :LOL:

Hey everyone,
Not sure how many folks outside of bird photographers follow Arthur Morris' blog. He has been working allot with the A9III and 300 f2.8 and shares some interesting observations
Glad to hear the A9III doesn't have an AA filter, I thought the A9II filter was quite heavy.
Anyway, he has produced some great action shots with the super fast burst mode, made me interested in this camera a bit again. I'll just take something for my GAS before hurting the wallet :LOL:

Resist!

Or should that be:

Resistance is useless!

?

I am not a good person to be advising on this subject given that I gave in to temptation on the announcement day.

I have come to the same conclusion: the A9 III does not have an AA filter - the images are too sharp and clear with no post-sharpening applied.

I am not convinced that the A1 has an AA filter, but it might have a weak one.

Back