Followers
Following
Name
Terry
Country
United States
City/State
Virginia
I know that Tim put instructions on how to setup back button focus, but I can’t find it. Will someone tell me where it is?
Thank you very much. I have a A7R IV
Kind regards,
Terry

Solution
I'd forgotten I'd even created that little guide! You'll find it here Terry:
Terry:

Blog and Resources link, top of the page.
Cameras link
Choose your camera from the list
Click 'manual'
Choose 'online help guide' in the text.
Use the searchbox, it will take you to the optional pages.

Solution
Terry:

Blog and Resources link, top of the page.
Cameras link
Choose your camera from the list
Click 'manual'
Choose 'online help guide' in the text.
Use the searchbox, it will take you to the optional pages.
Thank you Brownie.

I am a new member and am still getting to know the A7R5, which I purchased to take advantage of its advanced auto focus specifically for wildlife and birds in flight. Coming from a Leica SL2, I generally prefer "back button only" focus in almost all circumstances, though with the SL2 you can can program "back button focus only" differently for each profile, including even my "manual focus" profile (i.e., even in manual focus you can set the camera to enable back button focus - very convenient). Can you do this with the A7R5? I have set up three profiles/modes on the Mode Wheel: (1) Birds in Flight (AF/C) @ 1/2500, etc.; (2) Stationary Birds (AF/C @ 1/500, etc.); and (3) General Shooting (AF/C @ 1/200, etc.). I have also programmed two of the back buttons to recall (1) and (2), and the way Sony cameras work I have to keep the button pressed at all times to, for example, shoot in (1) BIF if I start in another mode. That means I don't have a finger free to use back button only focus while toggling to BIF. So, I want to set up Modes 1 and 2 with standard shutter auto focus, and then I would like to use back button only focus in (3) General and Manual. Thus, when I toggle to (1) BIF, for example, from Manual I would have shutter actuated focus as long as I hold the button down. Is that possible with the A7R5? Or, as I fear, is it that once you have engaged back button only focus, that applies in all modes (Sony's version of Leica profiles)?

Back