Followers
Following
Name
Geffrard Bourke
Country
United States
City/State
Kalispell, Montana
An American Bald Eagle launches out of the water with his catch on Lake Coeur d'Alene in Idaho. The eagles gather in numbers this time of year to catch the spawning Salmon in the lake.

Eagle Catch.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 1250

Wow absolutely stunning capture…

Geff, great shot! Can I assume you were using a tripod for this photo. With the 200-600mm lens do you always use a tripod or do you hand shoot at times? Thanks for your help. Clide

Geff, great shot! Can I assume you were using a tripod for this photo. With the 200-600mm lens do you always use a tripod or do you hand shoot at times? Thanks for your help. Clide
Thank you Clide. Actually it was hand held with the 200-600mm. I actually find a gimbal head on a tripod a little bit of a pain as the upper arm gets in the way of my hand zooming the lens. So I mostly hand hold as much as I can. IS is set to 2 and I bump the ISO and shutter speed up to at least 1/2000 of a second. It can get noisy at times, but I use DXO Pure Raw on the RAW file before processing.

Thank you Clide. Actually it was hand held with the 200-600mm. I actually find a gimbal head on a tripod a little bit of a pain as the upper arm gets in the way of my hand zooming the lens. So I mostly hand hold as much as I can. IS is set to 2 and I bump the ISO and shutter speed up to at least 1/2000 of a second. It can get noisy at times, but I use DXO Pure Raw on the RAW file before processing.
Thanks for your reply, very helpful to me.

Okay, that shot is beyond amazing.

Fantastic shot, well done (y) Im assuming it was shot from the shore ? or a boat in the lake ? either way a stunning capture....

Fantastic shot, well done (y) Im assuming it was shot from the shore ? or a boat in the lake ? either way a stunning capture....
Thank you. Shot from shore hand held. The wind was to our backs, so just waited a while until they fished and hoped they would fly towards us.

Back