Battery Charger for A6400

Lee H

Followers
Following
Name
Lee Hanley
Hi there

I am wanting a battery charger to charge my batteries, instead of plugging the cable into the camera to charge. Anyone use one? Also want a spare battery too.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

Lee

I am not a A6400 user myself Lee, but this link seems to address the best of 2022 solutions for your issue.....

Maybe others on this forum have alternative best price/third party solutions.... which I am sure they will advise accordingly.....

I have one that came with 2 spare batteries, but I don't recall the brand.
The good thing about the battery being shared across so many cameras for so many years is that you have many aftermarket choices. Here is one example by Neewer:

OR you can buy ONE genuine Sony battery for the same money. Your money, its up to you!

I am not a A6400 user myself Lee, but this link seems to address the best of 2022 solutions for your issue.....

Maybe others on this forum have alternative best price/third party solutions.... which I am sure they will advise accordingly.....
Cheers Mate, will take a look at the link, thanks 👍🏽👍🏽
The good thing about the battery being shared across so many cameras for so many years is that you have many aftermarket choices. Here is one example by Neewer:

OR you can buy ONE genuine Sony battery for the same money. Your money, its up to you!

Chris, thanks I will take a look at the link 👍🏽👍🏽📷

See this. I also use Wasabi and their charger along with the OEM for my A6000. You may not have Wasabi over there, but one of the equivalents would be the same. HEED the note about charging third-party batteries in-camera, not a good idea.

See this. I also use Wasabi and their charger along with the OEM for my A6000. You may not have Wasabi over there, but one of the equivalents would be the same. HEED the note about charging third-party batteries in-camera, not a good idea.

Cheers Tim,

Will have a read up on this 👍🏽👍🏽
Fellow 6400 user here. I'm currently using this charger and have had no problems with it - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1537195-REG/watson_md_4237_mini_duo_charger_for.html

I have bought 3rd party batteries in the past and I will say they don't last nearly as long as OEM batteries, so I don't think the savings is worth it personally.
Looks good this Adam, wonder if I can get it here in the UK

I have the Neewer device and have used the batteries with my A6000 and now A6500. Works well, the Neewer batteries don't last as long but I've now got 3 batteries so it's not a problem

I have the Neewer device and have used the batteries with my A6000 and now A6500. Works well, the Neewer batteries don't last as long but I've now got 3 batteries so it's not a problem
David cheers Mate, will take a look at it 👍🏽

If it uses the FW50 battery, which I think it does, Sony makes a “travel charger” for that battery. As you say, better than using your camera as a charger!

Oh. I went looking for a link to the charger - I vaguely remember it having the letter TRW in the model name. Sadly, it looks like Sony no longer sells it.

Sorry about that.

If it uses the FW50 battery, which I think it does, Sony makes a “travel charger” for that battery. As you say, better than using your camera as a charger!

Oh. I went looking for a link to the charger - I vaguely remember it having the letter TRW in the model name. Sadly, it looks like Sony no longer sells it.

Sorry about that.
Tony thanks Mate for searching for it, appreciated. Pity it's no longer available

Back