Followers
Following
Name
Bob
Country
United States
City/State
So Cal
This past week while spending some quality R&R time at the beach, I decided to break out the 200-600 with the A1 and try some BIF photos. All I can say is for all here who do that very well you must have a lot of patience and passion, because after just maybe a a hour or two per day for three days, I feel like I am back at working on a photo job. I now have just a huge amount of image files to edit for just a few interesting images, again nothing like the good ones here but still. If I am honest while it is entertaining, I think I prefer the lower image edit count of landscapes and street shooting, this for me feels too much like the work I used to do for so many years. i will post my so-so attempts at this when I am done with the edit.

Agreed. Kudos to those who are successful and put in the effort.

I find it worse when I do a mix of lots of BiF and non-BiF or have a large mix of bird types. Like when I go out for Tree Swallows I may take 5000 images an outing. I know it is going to be a slog to get through them all but after a while I know what I am looking for and can cull 4700 images in a couple hours.

A suggestion I have is not to look at every image in full size. Pick out the ones you like the position of best in any string, if they look good star them and then delete the rest without looking at them. Later you'll even learn that while you are shooting the images you will say to yourself "well those are all getting deleted" as you realize that you already have 50 others like those (high flying eagle for me).

I find it worse when I do a mix of lots of BiF and non-BiF or have a large mix of bird types. Like when I go out for Tree Swallows I may take 5000 images an outing. I know it is going to be a slog to get through them all but after a while I know what I am looking for and can cull 4700 images in a couple hours.

A suggestion I have is not to look at every image in full size. Pick out the ones you like the position of best in any string, if they look good star them and then delete the rest without looking at them. Later you'll even learn that while you are shooting the images you will say to yourself "well those are all getting deleted" as you realize that you already have 50 others like those (high flying eagle for me).
That seems to go against your claim of 95% keeper rate boasted about on an other thread?

Back