estrela

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Erich Strehler
This is a young Boa Constrictor that comes along about every two weeks. We love birds and feed them regularly. The Boa seems to know that and whenever she's hungry, she comes along. The shot of the head was in the early morning sun, the other in the late afternoon, right after she caught a Columbina, a small pigeon. Shot with A7III and Sigma C 150-600

Attachments

• 2020-12-28 20.48.43-1.jpg
    2020-12-28 20.48.43-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • _DSC6123.jpg
    _DSC6123.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 73
Good capture.
I am not a fan of snakes... Nope. Nada. I even get nightmares of them sometimes. Not sure, I've never had an interaction with one.

Thank you! The same with my family. As long as I shoot birds, they are all happy and interested. As soon as the snake comes in, some don't even look a the pictures... :)
Good capture.
I am not a fan of snakes... Nope. Nada. I even get nightmares of them sometimes. Not sure, I've never had an interaction with one.

Oi Erich, bom dia. You got it in excellent timing. Even when I feel pretty sorry for the bird, I bet it took a long time to get that shot. Congratulations

Oi Erich, bom dia. You got it in excellent timing. Even when I feel pretty sorry for the bird, I bet it took a long time to get that shot. Congratulations
Oi Osvaldo. Thank you very much for the kind comment. To be honest I was very lucky. From time to time I checked the tree to look what the Boa was up to and she must have caught the Rolinha just a few seconds before. So I ran back in the house, grabbed the camera and started to shoot. I missed a lot of shots because I had difficulties in focussing in the dark surroundings between all the leafs, but some I got fortunately right.

Really cool!

Whilst I'm glad I don't share my garden with a snake, if I did we would have to become friends and be photographed all the time!

Back