Sdawes

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Handsome Male Bullfinch in the garden this morning , woke up to a thick blanket of snow and the snow continued to fall for most of the day . Couldnt feel my fingers when this beauty turned up to
DSC08042-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-9M2
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 2500
the feeders but well worth getting froze for

Superb. Never see them here.

Beautiful shot Steve. I've only seen a couple in my area, never got a shot in though. How did you find the AF in the snow? I find in heavy snow it always wants to focus on the flakes so I have to use manual focus, and normally by the time I've focussed manually it has flown off! Must really work on my MF speed!

Beautiful shot Steve. I've only seen a couple in my area, never got a shot in though. How did you find the AF in the snow? I find in heavy snow it always wants to focus on the flakes so I have to use manual focus, and normally by the time I've focussed manually it has flown off! Must really work on my MF speed!
Should have asked me that with that cormorant! To answer though, I used centre focus and hit every shot on the cormorant.

Thanks Tim , , the camera was set up on a tripod and pre-focused on that twig as I know that is where more often than not the Bullies land . I then hunkered down behind a conifer in the garden and remotelly fired the shuuter.

Should have asked me that with that cormorant! To answer though, I used centre focus and hit every shot on the cormorant.
I was using centre focus over Christmas when it was snowing and it was really struggling to lock-on to the little birds. That was with the 600 F4 I had on hire. Must have been different snow ;)

Back