Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
ok so I dont know if you guys use de noise tools if so please tell me about it and if it works , are they worth using, buying? I use capture one 21 version at the mo so I dont know if that makes a difference to recommendations

ok so I dont know if you guys use de noise tools if so please tell me about it and if it works , are they worth using, buying? I use capture one 21 version at the mo so I dont know if that makes a difference to recommendations
Topaz, it's really the best there is IMO. I use it as a plug in on Photoshop, but it works as a standalone. In my opinion, it's an essential tool in the armoury, especially for high resolution cameras like the A7RIV. I'd even say it's revolutionary.

Topaz, it's really the best there is IMO. I use it as a plug in on Photoshop, but it works as a standalone. In my opinion, it's an essential tool in the armoury, especially for high resolution cameras like the A7RIV. I'd even say it's revolutionary.
Hi how is the product sold as an annual product or a one time buy? are there up dates, is trial worth testing first? thanks alot

Hi how is the product sold as an annual product or a one time buy? are there up dates, is trial worth testing first? thanks alot
One time buy with free updates for a year, and then they try and get you to buy a new version if there is one, but I never have, because it works perfectly in it's current iteration. I would definitely take the free one month trial up, I did, and then bought it. Might as well get a free month first :)

One time buy with free updates for a year, and then they try and get you to buy a new version if there is one, but I never have, because it works perfectly in it's current iteration. I would definitely take the free one month trial up, I did, and then bought it. Might as well get a free month first :)
thanks for info Gary

To use Topaz with C1, I right-click on the image and select Edit with and Browse to the location of the executable file.

I bought the Topaz product, a one time purchase. Not subscription. Works great and runs inside of Lightroom if you are so equiped.

The biggest competitor to Topaz is DxO’s DeepPrime algorithm, built into DXO PhotoLab and another tool whose name escapes me. PhotoLab is like LightRoom, but not a subscription. Has some other useful tools built in, too.

I am no expert in PhotoLab, but thought it worth mentioning that there is more than one option.

I use Topaz Denoise Ver 5 or Ver 6 depending on the image. When Topaz came out with Ver 3 (I think it was) there was a step huge improvement. This meant that my old 4 Mpx images taken with a 2001 Sony point & shoot camera could now be used for serious work. I have since tried later trial versions of Topaz Denoise, but found them to be not worth the extra investment. However, I doubt that you can buy any old versions, so the latest Topaz Denoise is what you need.

regards - Peter

Thanks all for replies, so whats the wotk flow do I de-noise first given that I use c1 at the mo? I would be grateful for a bit more help, ps already bought the Topaz denoise after 10 minutes trial with it, I do see it makes a difference

Thanks all for replies, so whats the wotk flow do I de-noise first given that I use c1 at the mo? I would be grateful for a bit more help, ps already bought the Topaz denoise after 10 minutes trial with it, I do see it makes a difference
Personal preference. Topaz recommend denoising first, I always do it after, it just makes more sense to me that way.

Personal preference. Topaz recommend denoising first, I always do it after, it just makes more sense to me that way.
Yes I tried it first but it didnt make sense as you say as the programme seems to resize the image, I am just trying to get my head around it I am not great with tech

Yes I tried it first but it didnt make sense as you say as the programme seems to resize the image, I am just trying to get my head around it I am not great with tech
Interesting. It doesn't resize in Photoshop, that may be a setting.

I first apply lens corrections in Lightroom (for distortion and chromatic aberration) to the raw file. I then export as a TIFF file (ProphotoRGB, 16-bit, original size) to edit in Photoshop. I first apply Denoise, and then follow up with Topaz Sharpen AI Ver 2. However, if I intend to go monochrome, I might not apply Denoise at all.

In my case, applying Denoise at the end of the edit often does not work. This is because at that stage I will most likely have distorted parts of the image. This stretches the noise pixels. It seems the Topaz Denoise (the versions that I use in any case) then no longer recognizes the noise as such, and the result is not too pleasant.

regards - Peter

Thanks for all who gave advise on this one as I say I bought topaz and seem to be getting on with it now in conjunction with c1 thanks all

I would like to say thank you to all here in this thread as it was a question I was going to ask but seen it was here and read through it and I have downloaded the trial but as trials go it leave a dirty big watermark on your shot making it useless.
But looking through that part and I understand why it is like this I now have to talk my wife into the $80.00 Australian, as being on a disabled pension money can get tight. But what I seen I know it will lift my photo's up to the next level.
So I will be trying to get the full program with the 1st year with free updates, as I don't like paying out monthly for things.
I am one who is looking forwards to it and I think when Fathers Day is here I will be in a position to buy it outright and until then try to do as good as I can.

I had found Tz Sharpen AI Ver 3 tended to make halos, which is why I reverted to using Ver 2.2. However, when Topaz Sharpen AI Ver 4 came out I tried that out. I am now using Ver 4 (costs a bit of course) and find that I hardly ever use DeNoise any more, preferring to use Sharpen AI to reduce noise.

regards - Peter

I use Topaz AI and it has worked well for me but just this month, Mark Galer has reviewed DxO Pure Raw 2-Deep Prime software and I was impressed with how much detail was not lost using this software. Mark has long been a proponent of the Topaz DeNoise AI. It's worth noting that Mark seldom does software reviews and he was not paid for this review, not was the software given to him.

You can see his review of DxO Pure Raw 2-Deep Prime software at this link.

Back