Can You Stop Flexible Spot AF From Moving Off-Center?

LMB49

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Larry Burke
I photograph birds exclusively. I use continuous shooting, continuous AF and spot metering. I shoot hand-held exclusively. For AF area, in an effort to get as sharp an Image as I can, I use flexible spot small, which appears to be as close as I can come on my a6600 to center spot AF. The issue for me is that I want that flexible spot to always remain in the center. My biggest annoyance with this is that I frequently find my AF icon way off in some corner of the screen (after I have inadvertently touched the control wheel) instead of in the center, where I want it. Although I know how to use the delete button to re-center the wayward flexible spot icon, this takes time and has been costing me some shots when the bird doesn’t want to wait around while I‘m re-centering. My question is, is there a way to lock (permanenty, if I so choose) the flexible spot small icon in the center of my screen/viewfinder? If so, how do I do it?

Try playing around with the touch screen features. I was having the same problem and realized my nose was touching the screen and moving the cursor/icon. I think I turned the touch focus off

Back