Sony A7 IV Flexible Spot

rnrlon

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Nitin R
How do I get a flexible spot in A7IV? I see a lot of posts and videos on youtube showing flexible spots in A7IV, but I don't have that many options. My firmware is up to date with the 2.0 version.
When I chose the focus area as a spot, I can move that on screen, but I can't move that in the viewfinder using the control wheel or any other buttons. Am I missing anything in terms of setting options?

actually found the answer here in this thread

Top of this page, 'blog & resources', click, then click 'cameras', then find the A7 IV in the list, choose manual, choose online help guide. It is searchable and very useful.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks a lot, sorry i am very new to photography and cameras, but hopefully will stop asking basic questions soon :)

Thanks a lot, sorry i am very new to photography and cameras, but hopefully will stop asking basic questions soon :)
No problem at all and no reason to apologize, feel free to ask anything you like!

I just find that link very helpful, but most people don't even know those resources are on this website. It needs to be on a VERY PROMINENT link at the top of the pages that says:

Sony Camera Manuals and Information

No problem at all and no reason to apologize, feel free to ask anything you like!

I just find that link very helpful, but most people don't even know those resources are on this website. It needs to be on a VERY PROMINENT link at the top of the pages that says:

Sony Camera Manuals and Information
Agree

Back