Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
View across Royal Victoria Dock in London Dockands over to the O2 (south side of the Thames) in the bottom left foreground over to Canary Wharf (north side of the Thames) in the background. The cable car was an innovation of Boris Johnson, when he was Mayor of London and was opened just a month before the opening ceremony for the London Olympics. Up until recently it was the Emirates Cable car, now it is the IFS Cloud cable car. At £60 million to construct, in 2011, it was the most expensive cable system ever built.
canarywharf and dome-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 180.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 320

Last edited:
I am a country boy and this is overwhelming for me to be in. I am afraid these massive buildings just make me feel so closed in.
But there are people who are on the opposite end of where I am and would hate living in the country.
But you have got theis so well to bring out this type of feeling from a photo, well done.

I am a country boy and this is overwhelming for me to be in. I am afraid these massive buildings just make me feel so closed in.
But there are people who are on the opposite end of where I am and would hate living in the country.
But you have got theis so well to bring out this type of feeling from a photo, well done.
Many thanks. I love the best of both worlds.

Back