Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
...or 650 or 660, depending on where you live.

Bought one a few weeks ago so I can print 8 x 10 and smaller at home. This is a 6-color ink printer that used tanks instead of cartidges. One set of inks is $90 and is equal to 15-20 sets of cartridges on the average printer. It is one of the most economical printers to operate, one set of inks will produce 3600 4 x 6 prints.

It has an ICC profile and Affinity recognizes it, but I've found if I print using Canon's printer app I don't need to worry about soft proofing. Prints are sharp, clear, and detailed. Colors are amazing and the quality far exceeds anything available nowadays at the corner drug store or Walmart, etc. I printed an image that I already have in print from Nations Photo and it is extremely close, so close that unless you had the two to compare side by side you'd never know.

I've ran a couple of 4 x 6 through it and 8-8 x 10. The 4 x 6 were glossy and the 8 x 10 Matte. Very satisfying high-quality prints.

This printer is the most reasonably priced 6-ink printer on the market, about half the price of other photo ink tank printers at $329 US. It is currently on sale for $249, making it an even better deal. And unlike the more expensive photo only printers, this is an all-in-one.

Other nice features include replaceable print heads and a replaceable maintenance cartridge that carries the absorption pads. It will print borderless to 8-1/2 x 42.

Very happy so far. Highly recommended on initial satisfaction.

Back