Check out the new 'Quick Search' box Tim added for us in the Image Sample forum!

Brownie

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Very cool, it starts to populate a list as soon as you start to type. Just put in whatever terms you want. Looking for a Tamron? Type 'Tam' and you get a list of every Tamron entry. The more you type the more specific it gets.

Looking for a fast prime? Type 1.8 and you get the entire list. A 24mm fast prime? type '24 1.8'.

What's neat is it's virtually instantaneous, and no need to go to the standard search box.

It's in the upper left hand of the page.

I've added it to all of the forums for now to see if it proves useful. Let me know if there's anywhere that it doesn't make sense. Just need to edit the styling a little so it stands out more.

It feels cheap and cluttered. I think it would look better to update the search pop up icon so it searches as you type if that's possible.

It feels cheap and cluttered. I think it would look better to update the search pop up icon so it searches as you type if that's possible.
:ROFLMAO: That cost $35!! It does need a few styling tweaks though. I’ve removed it from the individual thread view as it doesn’t really need to be there. It’s not possible to change how the other search box works unfortunately, well at least without spending A LOT of money.

:ROFLMAO: That cost $35!! It does need a few styling tweaks though. I’ve removed it from the individual thread view as it doesn’t really need to be there. It’s not possible to change how the other search box works unfortunately, well at least without spending A LOT of money.

Sorry mate, my wording could have been a little better. I think my caffeine just kicked in when I wrote that! 😄

Try finding adapted lens thread , not easy buried along with captive animals and non Sony shots ;)

Back