Name
Uncle Kev 😆
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A couple of quick edits from a quick shoot this evening... This magnificent old schooner, which a childrens trust here use to take special needs kids out to sea and teach them the ropes. literally, is moored up in our local town this week, so my wife and I went down to see her as she is lit at night. She wasn't that lit though :)
These are handheld, high ISO shots, as I didn't take a tripod tonight, but we may well go down again, and I will take one then. Anyway, some heavy denoise in Topaz has not done a bad job IMO, and I got the effect I wanted with the rigging against the recently set sun.
DSC09440 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • E 24mm F2.8 F051
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 10000
DSC09442 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • E 24mm F2.8 F051
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 8000

looks good considering iso Kev
Cheers Gary. I have to say that Topaz, the latest version, is really really good with very high ISO shots. It will be interesting to compare if I can get similar shots on a longer exposure/tripod set up.

Cheers Gary. I have to say that Topaz, the latest version, is really really good with very high ISO shots. It will be interesting to compare if I can get similar shots on a longer exposure/tripod set up.
Next time you go, shoot one at 12800 and one at 16000 for comparison. I'm interested to see real-world results for those ISOs.

I've only shot the Mk 4 @ 16000 once, but it gets used at 12800 a lot. There seems to be some kind of sweet spot around 8000 that doesn't show up on charts.

Next time you go, shoot one at 12800 and one at 16000 for comparison. I'm interested to see real-world results for those ISOs.

I've only shot the Mk 4 @ 16000 once, but it gets used at 12800 a lot. There seems to be some kind of sweet spot around 8000 that doesn't show up on charts.
I limit mine to 10k, which, if I'd thought about it tonight, I should have removed. I will try.

I limit the M4 to 12800. Based on charts, there shouldn't be that much difference.

That first shot! I like the composition and the balance of fading light with the ship and its rigging. Very nice!

That first shot! I like the composition and the balance of fading light with the ship and its rigging. Very nice!
Cheers Chris. I did want to get all of the lobster pot in the foreground in shot, but I couldn't get back any further and it was taken leaning over a fair bit too.

Back