Name
Christophe Casamassima
Country
United States
City/State
Baltimore, MD
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Thanks in advance of any tips you can give me.

When shooting with my A7iv, I'm coming back to the studio with consistently dark images, not necessarily underexposed, but less bright than the histogram would suggest. I'm always ETTR, letting the tips of the histogram touch the right side, and I believe I'm getting a good exposure, but typically these images are darker than I expect.

I've been shooting on this camera for only a year or so (I'm a newbie), and the practice and advice are so helpful. But what else should I be doing besides ETTR?

Cheers,
Christophe

Thanks in advance of any tips you can give me.

When shooting with my A7iv, I'm coming back to the studio with consistently dark images, not necessarily underexposed, but less bright than the histogram would suggest. I'm always ETTR, letting the tips of the histogram touch the right side, and I believe I'm getting a good exposure, but typically these images are darker than I expect.

I've been shooting on this camera for only a year or so (I'm a newbie), and the practice and advice are so helpful. But what else should I be doing besides ETTR?

Cheers,
Christophe
Hi please post an example no judgement we need to see what the issue is I think I have an idea but will hold off until I see the images

Back