Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
These are Pardalote's and I am not sure if these are in other countries but here in Australia we have got 4 type of them.
In my area we have 2 types here, the Straited and the Spotted. One of the others is more north from my home and it is the Red-browed.
The other is in only one spot which is Tasmania and this one is the 40 Spotted Pardalote.
I hope to get this one quite soon with luck, as we are heading that way soon.
I am posting the Striated Pardalote and the Spotted Pardalote.
DSC04950.JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 220.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 100

The Striated Pardalote
Nowingi 21-07-2020  (145).JPG
  • DSC-RX10M4
  • 8.8-220.0 mm f/2.4-4.0
  • 220.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

The Spotted Paralote

Well done. They look like they'd act like wrens, they can make you crazy sometimes... 🤪

Well done. They look like they'd act like wrens, they can make you crazy sometimes... 🤪
They do as in they like to be in the middles of tree/shrubs. Plus these are quick little buggers as well.
But when they do come into the open they are happy to be there and this is when you get your chance for your shots.

New camera?

Nice shots Ralph. Colourful chaps.

I haven't seen any pardalotes, even though I grew up on your side of the great divide. I'll keep an eye open for them!

There are flocks of superb fairywrens just up at the headlands nearby. They're fast and fickle little fellas who like appearing brave to show off to the hens.

GJF00418.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
  • 240.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3000001907367
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 2000

I haven't seen any pardalotes, even though I grew up on your side of the great divide. I'll keep an eye open for them!

There are flocks of superb fairywrens just up at the headlands nearby. They're fast and fickle little fellas who like appearing brave to show off to the hens.
I am lucky to be where we are as we have got them both here and many times it can be just wait a short while and they will show up, well that is here.

Last edited:
Back