• ISO 800
_A1_6856-ARW_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 800
tracked this coyote for about half an hour near the road in Lamar Valley in Yellowstone. I love the complete snow coverage on the ground enabling me to get hi key photos of these beautiful animals.

The first shot is AMAZING! I am jealous! I think you should enter this in next year's Wildlife Photographer of the Year (the world's most prestigious nature photo competition hosted by Natural History Museum in London).

The first shot is AMAZING! I am jealous! I think you should enter this in next year's Wildlife Photographer of the Year (the world's most prestigious nature photo competition hosted by Natural History Museum in London).
Wow, thank you so much. I will certainly look into that competition.

@GeffBourke Is the road from Gardiner (and the north of there to Bozeman) open through to Yellowstone North after last year's flood?

EDIT: I think I found the answer: https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/220613.htm?ftag=YHF4eb9d17
Yes, the north road from Gardiner to Cooke City is open and no problem to drive. The area that was affected by the floods was near the Gardiner entrance. So once you drive past the ranger station entrance, you take a long twisty road up to Mammoth and from there everything is normal to drive.

Yes, the north road from Gardiner to Cooke City is open and no problem to drive. The area that was affected by the floods was near the Gardiner entrance. So once you drive past the ranger station entrance, you take a long twisty road up to Mammoth and from there everything is normal to drive.
I went one year ago and the road from Gardiner to Mammoth was relatively short (the road that was knocked out by the flood). Why you say long and twisty, does that mean they made a new road that is less direct?

(I will find out for myself in three weeks because I have vacation time and just booked my flight).

I went one year ago and the road from Gardiner to Mammoth was relatively short (the road that was knocked out by the flood). Why you say long and twisty, does that mean they made a new road that is less direct?

(I will find out for myself in three weeks because I have vacation time and just booked my flight).
No they did not make a new road, it's a service road/mammoth residents road at used to be closed to the public. That's the one you drive on. It is twisty, just need to take you time driving, especially when snow and ice is present. Also a lot of rangers are parked along the road keeping an eye out (at least when we were there).

Very nice indeed

Back