Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Wow. I rarely went there for anything, but I very much enjoyed Chris and Jordan's reviews, one of the few on the internet worth the time. I've read something saying the editorial team is still working on reviews, but it's not clear if that means they'll continue beyond April 10.

:cry:

THANKS AMAZON! :mad:

Disappointing. They had lots of great reviews and I really loved the camera and lens compare tool.

Looks like Chris and Jordan will continue:

That's a shame, but I'm sure they will find a platform to contuinue.

These two have a dedicated following, they should just start their own YouTube channel.

Well who saw that coming? I thought it was an early April fools joke. DPReview is one hell of a resource that I check most days. Definitely sad to see it go and hope that everyone who works their manages to land on their feet.

I hope but I'm sure Chris and Jordan will find a way to continue their YouTube videos.

The site will be locked, with no further updates made after April 10th 2023. The site will be available in read-only mode for a limited period afterwards.
I can understand them locking the site and not adding new content but it sounds like the entire site will be taken offline at some point. That’s pretty bonkers and very tragic if true.

Chris and Jordan will continue, according to the video

I expect someone will archive or mirror the entire site, they've probably already started.

Bigger problem: DPR forum is not a friendly place. Forum users are going to need a new home. Tim, better hire some forum cops! 🚓🚨👮‍♂️

The M-4/3 forum is starting to see a few refugees already.

Last edited:
I can understand them locking the site and not adding new content but it sounds like the entire site will be taken offline at some point. That’s pretty bonkers and very tragic if true.

Or hear this theory. They're just going to sit an A7RV in front of the keyboard and it will run the site. More jobs lost to AI... 🥺

Sad to see it go, also wonder why they just did not sell it
Wondering the same thing. Seems if money is that dear to Amazon, they could recoup something.

Last edited:
I will sorely miss the site. It was one of first sites I visited each morning (after here).

Chris and Jordan are not the only thing of value on there - the text / slideshow quick looks and press releases are valuable, and much more timely than any video clip.

Wondering the same thing. Seems if money is that dear to Amazon, they could recoup something.
I've seen stuff like this a few times over the years. Companies buy up things with a goal in mind of expanding some service or using to boost some other service. Once the company stops expanding as rapidly or things start to go poorly they look internally at what they have gathered over the years. Things that get cut are generally things that are doing very poorly or not part of the core business or not making enough money. The not making enough money is an odd-ball one in that the line can be doing very well in terms of return on investment but if that total return is basically a rounding error it can be seen as not worth the effort. Then you wonder why don't they just sell off or spin off that profitable line? Both of those options cost time which the teams needed to do that might be better used on some other project.

I once worked for a business line that about a year after I left I learned was being cut. The line was one of the most profitable in the company in terms of ROI but it seems it was not growing market share quick enough. The company needed to sacrifice something to the market so they cut a non-core line to "focus on our roots" that represented less than 0.2% of income.

I have no idea how well or poorly DPReview was doing but I can't imagine it was more than a rounding error for them. The market has frowned at Amazon, they need something to sacrifice and unfortunately we lose.

Chris and Jordan are now on Petapixel!

Subscribed. I always appreciate their reviews which evaluate equally still photography and video capabilities of each camera reviewed. I know that's pretty much standard nowadays, but I don't know how to say it other than they are a "familiar face" in a very saturated YouTube genre.

Subscribed. I always appreciate their reviews which evaluate equally still photography and video capabilities of each camera reviewed. I know that's pretty much standard nowadays, but I don't know how to say it other than they are a "familiar face" in a very saturated YouTube genre.
For me, their videos are informative, accurate, and entertaining. Listening to someone with no emotion drone on about a piece of gear is mind-numbing. The same for the over-the-top reviewers, or the guys who hem and haw through their presentation. It doesn't matter how accurate or informative their review is if you can't stand to listen. Chris/Jordan and Gerald Undone are my favorites. There are some others I can watch if need be.

Back