People Ever taken a shot of someone, then wished you'd taken the time to speak to them?

Unframed Dave

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Dave
I snapped this guy while at the Strumpshaw steam fair today. He looked fascinating at the time, but when I looked at the shot on the screen, it generated so many questions.

He is so totally absorbed by that book, whatever is it? What are the page markers for? Dirty sections of prose, graphic Victorian photographs, the mind or my grubby imagination at least boggles? Why the walking boots? Was it a trek or is he just extremely sensible? Two, not one one whicker baskets? Does he have company or is he a man of the road who choses baskets over a rucksack?

Not often do I spend so much time pondering a candid portrait, but this one, may well disturb my slumber tonight.

DSC06463.JPG
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 146.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 100

The book is tabbed, so maybe a reference book, or an operations manual? Perhaps he's the great-great grandson of Frankenstein, and he's reviewing the how-to guide? The wicker baskets contain hearts, one regular, and one from Abby...Abby normal...

At any rate, it is indeed intriguing. Nice shot!

The book is tabbed, so maybe a reference book, or an operations manual? Perhaps he's the great-great grandson of Frankenstein, and he's reviewing the how-to guide? The wicker baskets contain hearts, one regular, and one from Abby...Abby normal...

At any rate, it is indeed intriguing. Nice shot!
Don't be silly, whcker baskets leak. Ever tried transporting fresh body parts before? Sheesh!

Hits a ledger. Note the direction of the writing? He is trying to determine where he miscalculated and ended up 50 years later in the timeline, so he can attend that picnic with his one true love.

That book has lists of tables so he is clearly a scientist. From the walking boots I'd say an environmentalist. His two interns in the background are waiting with baited breath for him to send them for more samples. Simple really.

Back