Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Just about managed to grab this shot of an F-35B Lightning as it flew over the house. Then made the mistake of checking my shots on the computer to miss another pass a few minutes later! :rolleyes: Lesson learned!

F35-DSC07212-2048px.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 426.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 200

That was some quick reaction to actually get a shot when you weren't expecting it!

• Admin
That was some quick reaction to actually get a shot when you weren't expecting it!
I normally have a camera ready to go just in case I see anything interesting in the garden or a plane flies over. I was a little slow unlocking the door though, so need to work on my exiting the house speed! :)

Just about managed to grab this shot of an F-35B Lightning as it flew over the house. Then made the mistake of checking my shots on the computer to miss another pass a few minutes later! :rolleyes: Lesson learned!

View attachment 22085
Damn nice work, Tim! What a great shot. I suspect the F-35 is a real "Window Rattler", eh? Good detail there. It looks to be a pretty slick machine.

Nice! Not one that's passed here yet.

• Admin
Damn nice work, Tim! What a great shot. I suspect the F-35 is a real "Window Rattler", eh? Good detail there. It looks to be a pretty slick machine.
Cheers Jeff. It did rattle the house, especially with 3 of them flying past! First one I’ve seen in flight, hopefully not the last as they do look and sound pretty awesome!

• Admin
Nice! Not one that's passed here yet.
Probably the last ones I’ll see all year now! Would love to go to RIAT this year but it’s too close to the due date of our next monkey!

This one just rattled our windows big time. First time I recall capturing Mach diamonds.
Awesome shot! Do you get many flying over?

Thanks! Yes indeed. Very fortunate to live very close to where Seafair takes place. It’s a city-wide week of events in Seattle. This is the first time they have had an airshow since 2019.

I’ll post a few more shots later.

You guys inspired me. I live in San Diego and I work close to Miramar MCAS, often get F/A-18s or F-35s flying over (have to interrupt online meetings for 20-30s because they are really noisy), I'll take my A9 + 200-600 to work one of these days see if I can get some good shots during my lunch break .... I can't wait for the Airshow to try the A9 + 200-600 combination. Last time I went, I had a 6400 + 70-350, it was before Covid.

BTW, one question: is it useful to shoot bursts (L, M or H) for fast aircrafts like this?

You guys inspired me. I live in San Diego and I work close to Miramar MCAS, often get F/A-18s or F-35s flying over (have to interrupt online meetings for 20-30s because they are really noisy), I'll take my A9 + 200-600 to work one of these days see if I can get some good shots during my lunch break .... I can't wait for the Airshow to try the A9 + 200-600 combination. Last time I went, I had a 6400 + 70-350, it was before Covid.

BTW, one question: is it useful to shoot bursts (L, M or H) for fast aircrafts like this?
Yes and pay attention to your focus area settings to track them. I have an airshow to attend in less than a month and I'll be dealing with the same thing. I have nobody flying over for practice shots.

Back