Sony A7R IV Firmware for the A7R M4

Tackrill

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Alfiedog06!
Good evening to all,

Please could someone offer some assistance?

I own an A7R Mk4 which currently only has firmware version 1.00 installed. I'm looking to get to the current 1.2 version but have seen on the site version 1.1 onwards. I've read that I need to install 1.05 first but can't seem to find any links. Could some kind soul help me out & point me in the right direction of what I need to do & whether I can go straight from version 1.00 to version 1.2 or if I have to somehow find the interim updates. It's all so confusing what I'm reading on the web!

Best wishes from a cold & windy Lincolnshire, UK.

Terry

Good evening to all,

Please could someone offer some assistance?

I own an A7R Mk4 which currently only has firmware version 1.00 installed. I'm looking to get to the current 1.2 version but have seen on the site version 1.1 onwards. I've read that I need to install 1.05 first but can't seem to find any links. Could some kind soul help me out & point me in the right direction of what I need to do & whether I can go straight from version 1.00 to version 1.2 or if I have to somehow find the interim updates. It's all so confusing what I'm reading on the web!

Best wishes from a cold & windy Lincolnshire, UK.

Terry
I think you're confusing two models. Your post says you have and A7R IV, but the firmware updates you quote are for the A7 IV (NOTE: NO R!)

The A7 IV (without the 'R') is the one that needs 1.05. The most current firmware version is 1.11. You must download 1.05 before you can download 1.11.

The A7R IV (WITH the 'R') does not need 1.05. The most current firmware version for it is 1.20.

Make sure you know which model you have first.

Firmware update for A7R IV is here:
A7 WITH THE R IV

Firmware for the A7 IV is here:
A7 WITHOUT THE R IV

To answer your other question, updating to the most recent firmware will also include older versions with the exception of 1.05 for the A7 IV.

To add to the confusion, there are TWO versions of the A7RIV. Look at the label on the bottom of the camera. One says ILCE-7RM4 while the other says ILCE-7RM4A - there are different firmware versions for these!

If you really have the A7IV, the bottom of the camera will say ILCE-7M4.

Thanks Brownie & AlphaWorld,

It's definitely the A7R Mk4 that I have.

Thank you so much for the clarification, I'd got myself confused with all the talk around firmware for the standard resolution Mk4.

Best regards

Terry

The label on the bottom of the camera is a handy way to disambiguate "which camera do I have?" without even turning it on :)

Back