Food Flaming Cocktails!!

yyjDennis

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Dennis Cloutier
My wife flaming citrus oil from an orange peel over a cocktail. Shot with the A1 and 135mm GM, with a bit of fill from a flash. Exposure more lucky than good!
Mingo Creek.jpg

Love it!

Do you often do beverage photography?
I would like to improve my meager skills in this department. Often my pictures are simply to show off a bottle to the rum collector's club I belong to, but I like the ambiance of your photo, got any tips?

Do you often do beverage photography?
I would like to improve my meager skills in this department. Often my pictures are simply to show off a bottle to the rum collector's club I belong to, but I like the ambiance of your photo, got any tips?
Thanks for your comments, but I'm the wrong person to ask. Mostly I do wildlife photography, which is why I bought the A1. I've just started fooling around with "studio" (actually kitchen countertop) photography. I think the atmosphere of this shot was mostly a fluke. We were surprised by the size of the flame. It provides most of the light and gives the image a really warm colour balance which I think works here because it works with the colour of the drink and the streak of colour in the countertop.

If you haven't already you should search glass photography or drink photography on YouTube. There are some good videos there.

Back