Used
Payment Method
PayPal
Item Location
United States
Trading Rules Agreed
  1. Yes
SOLD 3//19/22

Selling my A7iii. 1700 shutter count. Like new condition.
Included:
Sony 35mm f 1.8 lens
2 batteries - 1 never used.
A7iii pocket guide for quick start in settings and modes.
New Peak Design Slide Lite camera strap - ash gray with aqua accents.
Smallrig camera cage for this camera - L Bracket. Never used.

$1550. plus shipping.
REDUCED

I just purchased this camera and lens and accessories - but this type of digital photography is not for me.
I am also selling a brand new direct from Sony FE 24-105 f/4 lens in another posting.

Attachments

• sony1.jpg
    sony1.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 101
  • sony3 - Copy.jpg
    sony3 - Copy.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 115
  • sony4 - Copy.jpg
    sony4 - Copy.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 96
  • sony5.jpg
    sony5.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 114
  • sony6.jpg
    sony6.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 95
  • sony7.jpg
    sony7.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 91
  • sony8.jpg
    sony8.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
This makes me sad Roxanne. Great gear and it looks like your bowing out. I certainly hope that there isn't anything about the Sony community that is having you move on. :cry:

Sometimes messing with interchangeable lenses and such just isn't something that a person wants to do..... All too often it happens that there is a lens on the camera that turns out not to be the right lens at just the right moment when something unexpected occurs and there is not enough time to quickly swap lenses. I think most of us have had that experience!

Other times it may be the weight of the gear, as with FF, the longer, larger lenses are unavoidably heavy and not so much fun to carry around. Some people don't like using a tripod and prefer to hand-hold, but there are situations where that just isn't feasible.

One of my favorite cameras that I often pick up and use instead of my ILC is the Sony RX10 IV, which is a "bridge" camera with an amazing Zeiss lens that goes from 24mm - 600mm (35mm equivalent). The sensor is small, just 1 inch, but this camera and its lens can produce some wonderful results, and I have loved mine since I bought it several years ago to take on a trip. Roxanne, this may be an option for you to consider.

Sorry to see you moving away from using digital ILC, but we all have our needs and preferences and sometimes it is necessary to try something out before realizing that it just isn't meant to be a good solution. Good luck with whatever you choose to shoot in the future!

I'm sad to see you go after the exciting lead up to you getting the camera and lenses etc. Roxanne. I hope everything is okay and I wish you well with whatever gear you use to make photos. Like Jeff said, I hope it wasn't people in community causing you to decide to bail out.

Take care.

Sad to see you go. If it is the community, know there are other Sony-oriented sites on the web, this is but one.

Sad to see you go. If it is the community, know there are other Sony-oriented sites on the web, this is but one.
True but I suspect there few that have so many friendly people who don't seem to quibble.

True but I suspect there few that have so many friendly people who don't seem to quibble.
People are people. There's nothing wrong with debate provided it remains respectful. The problem is it can sometimes be difficult to know a person's intent is when typed from halfway around the world. That leads to misunderstandings. One of the friendliest forums on the web hosts owners of all brands and all formats. Go into any forum and you'll see Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Panasonic, Leica, Olympus, Sony, and every format sensor you can image. It's so busy that if you post an image, odds are you'll have 25-30 responses the next day, yet I've never once seen an argument. Disagreements, yes, but never to any real extent and everyone stays friendly.

This makes me sad Roxanne. Great gear and it looks like your bowing out. I certainly hope that there isn't anything about the Sony community that is having you move on. :cry:
I know Jeff. I was sad for a bit too. But I just can't justify hauling all this equipment around and then use mostly AUTO settings. I am not a wildlife photographer particularly. Street is my jam. And this is just not it for me. I did darkroom for many years and I think I have a good eye for composition and color. My joy is in the capture. Editing is okay to a point. But frankly - getting all the pograms to talk nice to each other and then shooting in raw and then my computer crashing and then going out to shoot and nothing is working even after all my hours of videos and online courses and then and then ----- and as I stated to Brownie - and then I couldn't get the lid off my chapstick and I threw in the towel. I am going to get something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerS...canon+g5+x+mark+ii&qid=1647292268&sr=8-5&th=1

Sometimes messing with interchangeable lenses and such just isn't something that a person wants to do..... All too often it happens that there is a lens on the camera that turns out not to be the right lens at just the right moment when something unexpected occurs and there is not enough time to quickly swap lenses. I think most of us have had that experience!

Other times it may be the weight of the gear, as with FF, the longer, larger lenses are unavoidably heavy and not so much fun to carry around. Some people don't like using a tripod and prefer to hand-hold, but there are situations where that just isn't feasible.

One of my favorite cameras that I often pick up and use instead of my ILC is the Sony RX10 IV, which is a "bridge" camera with an amazing Zeiss lens that goes from 24mm - 600mm (35mm equivalent). The sensor is small, just 1 inch, but this camera and its lens can produce some wonderful results, and I have loved mine since I bought it several years ago to take on a trip. Roxanne, this may be an option for you to consider.

Sorry to see you moving away from using digital ILC, but we all have our needs and preferences and sometimes it is necessary to try something out before realizing that it just isn't meant to be a good solution. Good luck with whatever you choose to shoot in the future!
Guys - I am more of a hands on artist. I am also a professional genealogist and am pretty good with technology. But I turn 70 on Wednesday and having to work so so hard to get all the programs to play nice and then to have to constantly mess around with my camera and lenses - and carry all of it around. Yikes. I worked in the darkroom for a lot of years in black and white and absolutely had a passion for it. Working with light. That's what painting and photography are all about for me. I like to do editing - but honestly - I think adobe and lightroom and capture one are all way way over the top for what is needed. And if I don't shoot in RAW and if I don't play with settings etc. then why own this camera? It's all too heavy and makes everything less fun for me. And I'm not a wildlife photographer particularly. I really tried to get this to a point that I could work seamlessly but man have things changed. I want the pixels but don't need all the other stuff. Cameras today are so fantastic that I shouldn't need to do much to it to edit. Crop, lighten, darken, sharpen - contrast - done. And this group has been more than patient with me. I do a lot with tech - but don't want to spend my time doing so much of this. And RAW files are way way too huge.

People are people. There's nothing wrong with debate provided it remains respectful. The problem is it can sometimes be difficult to know a person's intent is when typed from halfway around the world. That leads to misunderstandings. One of the friendliest forums on the web hosts owners of all brands and all formats. Go into any forum and you'll see Nikon, Canon, Fuji, Panasonic, Leica, Olympus, Sony, and every format sensor you can image. It's so busy that if you post an image, odds are you'll have 25-30 responses the next day, yet I've never once seen an argument. Disagreements, yes, but never to any real extent and everyone stays friendly.
Brownie - absolutely no one has been even remotely unkind or rude. Everyone has been kind and very patient with me. I love that this forum is specific to Alpha cameras. I appreciate the hand-holding very much. No complaints whatsoever. Thank you to this group for being here for a newbie alpha.

I can see how the G7x would be a good fit. If you are still looking, have you used Fujifilm?

Maybe you are not interested in doing this but I will throw it out there:

You could use your wealth of film developing and play with Fujifilm film sims to create a look you like straight out of the camera due to the recipe you use / develop.

I use Sony and Fujifilm and love it.

Happy Milestone Birthday! That's a big one and I hope you celebrate in style! I hear you on carrying the weight around of several lenses plus a camera body or two and extra batteries, extra memory cards, whatever else.....the older we get the less pleasant that becomes. I'll be a few years older than you at the end of this month, and I know already that my days are probably numbered when it comes to lugging heavy gear around so I'm enjoying it while I still can.

A smaller compact camera definitely can fit the bill, depending upon what you like to shoot. Check out the Sony RX100 series of cameras, which are serious compact cameras which are easy to slip into a (large) pocket or purse and which produce really high-quality mages. The 1" sensor is larger than regular P&S cameras and the range can extend to 200mm. These small cameras, unlike many in their size range, provide a (popup) viewfinder, which I find absolutely necessary and essential.

For something which is a bit larger, but which has an amazing zoom range and feels like a small DSLR in the hands, check out the Sony RX10 IV, which I mentioned in my other post. Its range of 24-600mm can't be beat and the fixed Zeiss lens is truly remarkable. For a camera with a one-inch 20 mp sensor, it packs a wallop. I use mine for travel and for grabbing and running out to my deck to quickly fire off some shots when there is bird action occurring on the water (I live on a small lake). At the time I bought this camera I was purchasing it with a specific purpose in mind and figured that probably I wouldn't be using it much once back home again, and boy, was I surprised! It offers the benefits of lighter weight than the combination of many FF bodies and lenses, plus the resulting images can be quite good, whether shot in .jpeg or in RAW.

I also agree with the suggestion of Fujifilm cameras, as they can be wonderful for creativity while bringing results reminiscent of the old film days when one uses one of the famous film simulations.

If you're primarily interested in shooting B&W, there is also the excellent Leica Q2 Monochrom rangefinder-style cameral which again is small and easy to tuck into a bag.

I definitely can empathize with the frustrations around dealing with shooting in RAW and then dealing with editing software. After much experimentation I settled on DX0 PhotoLab, now in v.5, which feels most intuitive to me and which helps me accomplish what I need to do without as much angst as I experienced in some other programs. Capture One totally lost me, it was just overkill for my basic needs, and although I had used Photoshop many years ago I never quite was able to feel comfortable with the current iteration or with Lightroom. I have to admit that I do miss the days when we shot up a few rolls of film, took them to the local professional lab and they did up contact sheets, then we chose the images we wanted enlarged and marked them up with instructions for the lab tech. Now I'm supposed to be the photographer/artist and the digital lab tech-cum-retoucher all rolled into one! These are really several very different skill sets.

Good luck with wherever your photography adventures take you next! Sometimes it does take some trial-and-error before finally finding something which works well and helps one get the kind of images one wants....

Last edited:
Back