Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Gardenias in partial shade: A6400 & Minolta 50mm

FowlersFreeTime

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Did a little practice with the a6400, adapter and Minolta 50mm.
I am reminded that manual focus isn't much fun when the breeze is blowing, and also that this setup doesn't have a very close focusing distance... but it was still fun practice.

DSC00938_8x10.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • ----
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 100

DSC00959_8x10.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • ----
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

And yet, my favorite was the least "technically correct" image, motion blur like crazy, but it almost seems like a painting...
DSC00934_8x10.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • ----
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 100

Looks like a little bit of lost details in the full sun area's but what do we expect from a white flower in this situation.
I know an Aussie forum where they would make a big deal of this but I can see it for what it is.
Well done on them all.

Looks like a little bit of lost details in the full sun area's but what do we expect from a white flower in this situation.
I know an Aussie forum where they would make a big deal of this but I can see it for what it is.
Well done on them all.
I understand, I need to shoot with the zebras on more often to make sure I don't blow out the highlights (I think I told you in another thread this is my personal kryptonite LOL).

Did a little practice with the a6400, adapter and Minolta 50mm.
I am reminded that manual focus isn't much fun when the breeze is blowing, and also that this setup doesn't have a very close focusing distance... but it was still fun practice.

View attachment 22063
View attachment 22064

And yet, my favorite was the least "technically correct" image, motion blur like crazy, but it almost seems like a painting...
View attachment 22065
I like the second one.

New in Marketplace

Back