Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The three golden naked divers are the Daughters of Helios or Three Graces. The three gorgeous ladies appear to be leaping off the six story building at 1 Jermyn Street on the corner where Piccadilly meets Haymarket near Piccadilly Circus opposite the Criterion Theatre. The sculptures are by Rudy Weller.

criterion divers-6.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 2X Teleconverter
  • 140.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 1250

criterion divers-8.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 140.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 1000

I love the way the guy on the huge LG screen seems to be amazed at the sight of naked golding ladies diving off a six storey building, while everyone at street level is completely oblivious to the dramatic scene about their heads.
criterion divers-9.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 152.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 125

He almost looks like he is trying to catch one in his mouth!
criterion divers-10.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 152.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 125

Last edited:
I try and avoid the smoke as much as possible. I'm a country bumpkin, living in a hamlet of 20 houses and knowing everyone who lives in them.

I do like the way, you find interesting details though, it's kind of tempting me down for a few days. Kind of!

I try and avoid the smoke as much as possible. I'm a country bumpkin, living in a hamlet of 20 houses and knowing everyone who lives in them.

I do like the way, you find interesting details though, it's kind of tempting me down for a few days. Kind of!
Thanks Dave. London is a world city, it's a fantastic place to visit - as 30 million visitors a year can testify. I've lived here now for 40 years and simply love it, and I'm still discovering new things to see and enjoy. It's not everyone's cup of tea as a place to live, but vive la difference. And picking the right time and day to go out wandering in the 'big smoke' is a good idea. Avoid weekends after 10:00 as the place is full of tourists (both locals and from abroad) and so can be very crowded, even by London standards.

Last edited:
London is a world city, it's a fantastic place to visit - as 30 million people a year can testify

Me! Me!

My thirty-plus years of living there: the first few I loved, the rest was, well, living there.

Me! Me!

My thirty-plus years of living there: the first few I loved, the rest was, well, living there.
Thad, where abouts did you live while in London? I've always lived South of the River, in Woolwich/Greenwich/Blackheath. One of the things I like about London is that it is constantly changing, there is always something new. I arrived in London from Melbourne as a young man in 1985, intending to stay a year or two, and have been here ever since.

Thad, where abouts did you live while in London?

I think I was 19 or 20 when I left my parents' home in Cornwall to seek adventure in the big city. That puts the date around 1971/2. I was hugely helped out by some old friends of my parents who gave me the hospitality of their sofa, in Buckhurst Hill, for a few weeks.

Then, my trajectory was, roughly: Shepherds Bush; Preston Road (my hippy days); Kilburn (a disgusting squat); West Hampstead; Kings Cross; Acton; Brixton; Wapping; Forest Gate (E7), Richmond.

Already sorry you asked? ;)

Don't worry, it's nearly over! Back to Forest Gate, and my final London years were in the next door area of Manor Park. You could say that I settled in that part of East London: it felt most like Home :).

My favourite places were Preston Road, Kings Cross (right next to the station, all redeveloped now) and Forest Gate.

I came to live in India in 2005. Still here!

I think I was 19 or 20 when I left my parents' home in Cornwall to seek adventure in the big city. That puts the date around 1971/2. I was hugely helped out by some old friends of my parents who gave me the hospitality of their sofa, in Buckhurst Hill, for a few weeks.

Then, my trajectory was, roughly: Shepherds Bush; Preston Road (my hippy days); Kilburn (a disgusting squat); West Hampstead; Kings Cross; Acton; Brixton; Wapping; Forest Gate (E7), Richmond.

Already sorry you asked? ;)

Don't worry, it's nearly over! Back to Forest Gate, and my final London years were in the next door area of Manor Park. You could say that I settled in that part of East London: it felt most like Home :).

My favourite places were Preston Road, Kings Cross (right next to the station, all redeveloped now) and Forest Gate.

I came to live in India in 2005. Still here!
Wow, you got about!

Back