Followers
Following
Name
Chris Crafford
Country
United States
City/State
Texas
Hi. Great to have a new forum to be part of and support that is not tied to a social media platform. I am always looking to learn and to help. I currently shoot with a 7R3. Looking to upgrade to a R4. I shoot mostly wildlife and landscape and some architecture. I have been taking photographs for over 40 years, had a successful wedding photography business for 5 years, but primarily shoot for myself now.

Thank you for joining Chris! I just noticed that you have paid to upgrade to the pro membership, so thank you very much! However, to help get this forum going I'm actually giving away 250 pro memberships for life for all new members who join and contribute by posting 5 times (constructive posts). So I'll happily refund you if you would like? I'm off to bed soon so will take care of it tomorrow.

The R4 is a nice upgrade over the R3 but it's not a big upgrade. You won't notice too much difference in the auto focus performance but the new tracking modes can be quite helpful at times. The extra megapixels are nice to have for wildlife but the larger files can be a pain to work with and soon use up lots of storage space. I probably like the larger buttons more than anything as they are easier to use with gloves on!

I am doing a fair amount of bird work recently so the extra megapixel and better tracking will be useful. I rented one early this year to go to birding festival and liked it a lot. Agreed that is it not abig upgrade but having the crop-ability was very useful.

I am doing a fair amount of bird work recently so the extra megapixel and better tracking will be useful. I rented one early this year to go to birding festival and liked it a lot. Agreed that is it not abig upgrade but having the crop-ability was very useful.
You can almost never have enough megapixels or focal length for birds. It's good to hear that you have rented one, it's always the best way to find out if it works for you or not, especially when it's such an expensive purchase.

If you could just confirm that you would like me to refund your pro membership payment I'll do that then upgrade you for free once you reach 5 posts here.

Thank you!

I am happy to pay the fee if it helps fund the work to make this forum vibrant inactive. It is small price to pay for a place to share, learn and help.

I am happy to pay the fee if it helps fund the work to make this forum vibrant inactive. It is small price to pay for a place to share, learn and help.
That's very kind of you Chris. I'll do my best not to disappoint you. I'll be promoting the forum more over the coming weeks, I'm just taking it slowly for now to make sure everything is working as it should. Have a great Sunday!

Finally refreshed my website with some new content. Happy to hear feedback. http://chriscraffordphotography.com
Looks great Chris. Well done!

Maybe just one suggestion.

If it was my site then I would probably create separate pages for the different genres like birds, animals and landscapes instead of putting them all on one page. This will help to improve navigation especially as you add more images.

Also if you wanted to sell photos on the site at some point then having very targeted pages will make it easier to pick up a traffic from Google.

Looks great Chris. Well done!

Maybe just one suggestion.

If it was my site then I would probably create separate pages for the different genres like birds, animals and landscapes instead of putting them all on one page. This will help to improve navigation especially as you add more images.

Also if you wanted to sell photos on the site at some point then having very targeted pages will make it easier to pick up a traffic from Google.
Timothy thanks for the great feedback. I was thinking of that as a next step. Now I have good reason to do it sooner.

Back