John Couvaras
Country
Australia
City/State
Brisbane, Queensland
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hello everyone.
Have been using Sony gear since days of first Sony diskette camera, then their bridge cameras - F707, F717, R1 and then onto Alpha series starting with A700, A850, and finally the A99 series. Over the years I have accumulated a fair bit of accessory gear, and was not a happy chappie when Sony, 'by default', silently killed the A-series.
Late last year I succumbed and bought the A7IV with the 90m Macro lens & the LA-EA5 adapter to use the a-mount lens. It works remarkably well.
Since then I have acquired the e-mount 24-105 and 70-300 G lens. Enjoying them. We have a travel trip planned in newt few months and looking forward to that.
Look forward to sharing and learning more on the forum.

Welcome to the Forum!

Hello everyone.
Have been using Sony gear since days of first Sony diskette camera, then their bridge cameras - F707, F717, R1 and then onto Alpha series starting with A700, A850, and finally the A99 series. Over the years I have accumulated a fair bit of accessory gear, and was not a happy chappie when Sony, 'by default', silently killed the A-series.
Late last year I succumbed and bought the A7IV with the 90m Macro lens & the LA-EA5 adapter to use the a-mount lens. It works remarkably well.
Since then I have acquired the e-mount 24-105 and 70-300 G lens. Enjoying them. We have a travel trip planned in newt few months and looking forward to that.
Look forward to sharing and learning more on the forum.
Welcome. There are a couple of us here who enjoy using the A-mount glass on the new bodies. I have a decent set of everyday Minolta Maxxum glass plus an 80-200 APO G and a 500mm /8 AF. @spudhead is the king of A-Mount though, he has some outstanding upper-level A-mount.

Welcome John and thanks for joining up here. Glad to hear that your transition from A-mount to E-mount has been fairly smooth with the help of the adapter. The a7 IV and 90mm Macro is a very nice pairing too!

Back