Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Welcome!
How do you like your camera?
Biggest challenges?
Best feature?

For me. I love this camera. It's the first *real* camera I've owned.

Biggest challenge is just wrapping my head around the features.

I love the mostly ease of use. Once you know whrew to find something it's pretty easy to figure out how to get back to it. But again. I have no frame of reference outside of this camera.

Hi Gigi. I switched to this camera earlier this year having been a Canon shooter for the last ten years. The biggest issue I find is that the controls and buttons are so small, I quite often end up changing something mid shoot by mistake. I also found the Sony menu system terrible to navigate and the lack of a manual made learning about the camera a challenge.

Having said all that, I love it. It is small, lightweight and has a great selection of lenses and features. I’ve just purchased a book by David Busch which came recommended by another forum member. David has written many camera guides so I am looking forward to learning even more about what this great little camera can do.

Hello Kazza!
I mainly watch YouTube videos and I also took a couple hours class on mastering your camera controls.
I'm learning evey day. 😊 Sometimes it's so overwhelming, but always fun

Hello a6500 users! I've had the camera for about 4 years now. I use it for underwater photography and my dogs. My biggest challenge with this camera is the auto-focus. I have so many pics that looked great when I am taking them, but they aren't in focus when I look closer. I'm trying lots of tricks from youtube and others, but it's challenging for me.

Learning new things every day!

Last edited:
Welcome! Can you drop a link or provide the housing you use for underwater? Do you feel confident using it that way? I'm going to the Caribbean and I have wished I could take my alpha.
Also can you post underwater pictures? Thanks so much!

Hi Gigi.
Sure I would love to help you. I have the Nauticam Underwater housing and I love it. I feel very confident using it. It has an air purge feature and an indicator light that indicates if it's leaking at all, so very confident!
I'll PM you with a link to some UW pictures.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hello - i am also an a6500 user. i started with the a6000, which blew my mind back in 2015 when it was released, and then moved to an a6300 which i broke, and then the a6500 because it was not that much more compared to just replacing the a6300. my favorite feature over previous bodies was the significantly increased buffer size. my favorite targets are wildlife and i often shoot long bursts of activity so that i have 1) a better chance of getting the best focus on the target and 2) find the "one" favorite from the series. (and of course, it is fun rolling the dial back and forth and seeing the review photos looking like an animated gif :D)

Sony A6500 Resources: Firmware | User Guide

Back