Hello from Australia

Bollygum

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Stephen Axford
My name is Stephen Axford and I photograph and time lapse fungi - generally wild fungi in forests. I have travelled to quite a few locations to do this, including much of the eastern side of Australia, China, Thailand, Myanmar, India, New Zealand and Chile. I am a little slower than I used to be, as I have Parkinson's, but I still manage to do quite a bit though typing can be a problem. My time lapse has appeared in numerous documentaries including Planet Earth II. My primary camera is a Sony A7RV with a Sony 90mm macro.
I'd say more but my hands stiffen up.

Steve

Where should I post them?

Welcome Steve and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. Just like Dave said, definitely a very fascinating subject and it must be very rewarding to see your work on the TV, especially Planet Earth. If you'd like to share any of your work then our Plants & Nature Forum is probably the best place. You can't upload videos here due to the expense of hosting them but you can use the Media option to embed video from sites like YouTube.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining! Your presence here will be inspiring for many.

Here's a recent image of mine, taken in Tasmania. The second image shows a detail from the same photo.
The camera used was a Sony A7R5 with a 90mm macro lens and using focus bracketing ( ISO 400, 1sec, f11, wide(10), about 30 shots)

2023-05-06-DSC05555- Helicon-2-Edit s.jpg
2023-05-06-DSC05555- Helicon-2-Edit s2.jpg

Welcome Steve and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. Just like Dave said, definitely a very fascinating subject and it must be very rewarding to see your work on the TV, especially Planet Earth. If you'd like to share any of your work then our Plants & Nature Forum is probably the best place. You can't upload videos here due to the expense of hosting them but you can use the Media option to embed video from sites like YouTube.
I probably won’t be posting any videos, anyway, they are Catherine’s as she is the film maker. I do the still pictures and time lapse. My photos are all on the net too, on SmugMug site. I’ll post some photos here

Back