Hello from Hertfordshire, UK

NightBreed

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Ian
Hi All, I am Ian but use Nightbreed on the forums/facebook. I would say I am new to mirrorless after having a 4/3rds system some long time ago + film DSLR cameras before that and then nothing part from phones/panasonic TZ's etc style of camera. I am looking to purchase a Sony mirrorless system so I thought I'd join here and find out advice from those that own Sony A7 iii, A7r iii, A7r iv or A9's. I have hired a Sony A7r iv over the Christmas period here in the uk with a couple of lenses to try out. Couldn't get a A7 iii from where I hired it from with 3 weeks free offer so went for the A7r iv. I will probably be asking plenty of newbie questions over the next few weeks!

Thanks for adding me here.

How are you getting on with the a7R IV Ian?

How are you getting on with the a7R IV Ian?
Hi Timothy, Thanks for asking. I actually changed the hire to an A7R iii for a couple of reasons. One it is more in my budget for a camera rather than the A7r iv and the file size for my old macbook pro to cope with. Also with looking at what others on here manage with their A7R iii as well.

It is taking time to get used to everything and for me how quick it can shoot compared to an old DSLR system and a point and shoot system but at last the weather here in Hertfordshire has been better (stopped pouring it down!) and I have been able to get out to the reservoirs and out for a couple of walks with it. I am enjoying discovering what the camera can do and hopefully when I am confident enough I may post some pics here for others to say what they think.

Hi Timothy, Thanks for asking. I actually changed the hire to an A7R iii for a couple of reasons. One it is more in my budget for a camera rather than the A7r iv and the file size for my old macbook pro to cope with. Also with looking at what others on here manage with their A7R iii as well.

It is taking time to get used to everything and for me how quick it can shoot compared to an old DSLR system and a point and shoot system but at last the weather here in Hertfordshire has been better (stopped pouring it down!) and I have been able to get out to the reservoirs and out for a couple of walks with it. I am enjoying discovering what the camera can do and hopefully when I am confident enough I may post some pics here for others to say what they think.
I still have my a7R III and it's a great camera. In a few ways it's the better camera than the a7R IV as it handles noise a little better due to the smaller sensor, and I haven't heard of anyone having issues with the 200-600 lens with this camera either, unlike the a7R IV. Those large files from the a7R IV do get pretty annoying, especially if you shoot a lot of bursts.

Back