Hello from Kansas City

akptc

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Andy Coach
Hi, I am a long time Pentax user, very new to Sony hardware. I just acquired a kit over the last 6 weeks, so far I am covered from 17 to 400mm. Looking forward to learning how to handle this amazing camera, currently mostly for urbanscapes and portraits.

Welcome! Which camera body?

I am starting with the Alpha 7R4, Tamron 17-28/2.8, Sony 24-105/4, Sony 50/1.8, and the new Sigma 100-400 "Contemporary".
Planning to get a few more lenses but it sounds like MonsterAdapter is coming out with a full-featured Pentax to Sony E adapter this February, so there is a chance I will be able to use at least some of my Pentax glass on the Sony. I am especially looking forward to trying the 31 and 77mm "Limited" in this configuration, hoping to be blown away by the IQ :)

Thanks again for joining up here Andy! That's quite the kit you have built there! :) Are there some other lenses that are already tempting you?

Oh absolutely, my GAS never ends :)

My shopping list has currently two Sony lenses, the 85/1.8 and 70-200/4 ( good prices and very respectable performance ).

My "dream list" has these three Sony beauties: 16-35/2.8 ( I mean, who would not want this ), 20/1.8 ( light fast wide ), and 200-600 ( sometimes the birds just call out to me ).

Speaking of more gear, I have been using inexpensive dry cabinets from Forspark and Ruggard for a couple of years now and they have performed really well.

Oh yes, it is an addiction, much to my wife's dismay!
Wife: "Hey what do you want for your birthday?"
Me: "Easy! A Tamron 17-70mm f2.8 Di III-A VC RXD!"
Wife: <wife walks away in disgust>

My shopping list has currently two Sony lenses, the 85/1.8 and 70-200/4 ( good prices and very respectable performance ).

My "dream list" has these three Sony beauties: 16-35/2.8 ( I mean, who would not want this ), 20/1.8 ( light fast wide ), and 200-600 ( sometimes the birds just call out to me ).

Speaking of more gear, I have been using inexpensive dry cabinets from Forspark and Ruggard for a couple of years now and they have performed really well.
That's a nice shopping list! There is a new Alpha product being announced next Tuesday as well, maybe something else to help with your GAS addiction! :)

Back