Hello from new member in BC, Canada

Leesai

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Lisa
Hi everyone
first time for me being in a forum and look forward to learning and sharing.

Recently upgraded from Sony A7Riv to A7Rv. So far really impressed with the results. I was going to keep the older model as a back-up, but it will be hard to go back to that one now that I am getting much better results. The autofocus and specifically, eye recognition for birds has greatly improved the success rate as previously a lot of shots focused on the back of the bird if that was closer than the eye. Having said that, there have been 'glitches' with the A7Rv (which I will explain in future posts), and the A7Riv has never let me down.
My main subjects are birds/wildlife/nature and I am a hobby shooter only. Current lenses are the Sony 200-600 5.6-6.3 (about 80% of my shots are with this), Sony 90 Macro 2.8 and Sony 16-35 2.8.
Would like to know what everyone is using for wireless flash as I would like to use it for macro subjects such as insects and dewdrops on spiderweb shots. I currently have a Godox but it seems not too intuitive and I spend way too much time fiddling with it.
If anyone wishes to see samples of the above lenses, my IG account is GROSSL1. A lot of the bird shots are heavily cropped and that is a testament of the 61 megapixel's power.
Currently planning a trip to Colombia for nature photography/hiking so if anyone has been to that area, I would love to hear your experiences.
Hope you are having an awesome summer (or winter if that is where you are right now)

Welcome to the forum! I was surprised that you didn't have more followers on the IG, your shots are well executed!

Hi everyone

Recently upgraded from Sony A7Riv to A7Rv. So far really impressed with the results. I was going to keep the older model as a back-up, but it will be hard to go back to that one now that I am getting much better results. The autofocus and specifically, eye recognition for birds has greatly improved the success rate as previously a lot of shots focused on the back of the bird if that was closer than the eye. Having said that, there have been 'glitches' with the A7Rv (which I will explain in future posts), and the A7Riv has never let me down.
My main subjects are birds/wildlife/nature and I am a hobby shooter only. Current lenses are the Sony 200-600 5.6-6.3 (about 80% of my shots are with this), Sony 90 Macro 2.8 and Sony 16-35 2.8.
Would like to know what everyone is using for wireless flash as I would like to use it for macro subjects such as insects and dewdrops on spiderweb shots. I currently have a Godox but it seems not too intuitive and I spend way too much time fiddling with it.
If anyone wishes to see samples of the above lenses, my IG account is GROSSL1. A lot of the bird shots are heavily cropped and that is a testament of the 61 megapixel's power.
Currently planning a trip to Colombia for nature photography/hiking so if anyone has been to that area, I would love to hear your experiences.
Hope you are having an awesome summer (or winter if that is where you are right now)
Hello fellow Canadian! Welcome to the forum!

Hi everyone

Good morning,

For this newbie, please tell me what is IG.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi everyone

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. I checked out your IG page and I like your images. I’ve started following you on IG, if you want more IG followers and likes for your images try # tagging the images, this can help. Looking forward to seeing your images in this forum.

Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. I checked out your IG page and I like your images. I’ve started following you on IG, if you want more IG followers and likes for your images try # tagging the images, this can help. Looking forward to seeing your images in this forum.
Oh, and is the smooth haired boarder collie yours? Gorgeous dog!

Oh, and is the smooth haired boarder collie yours? Gorgeous dog!
Hi Ed
thank you for visiting my IG site and giving me suggestions on Instagram traffic. Very much appreciated!
Kaycee is a very handsome young dog whom I get to spoil when he visits. The photos were taken when we camped on a remote beach at the end of Azure Lake in Wells Grey Park, BC. (shameless plug for my favorite part of BC)
Lisa

Back