Hello from Norfolk England

Mike Lampe

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mike Lampe
Hello Tim and everyone, My name is Mike, I live in a small village in Norfolk along the Wensum river.
I decided to join this group for two reasons. Firstly to help me get back into the digital world of photography in a more serious sense. Secondly to look for any assistance on my shots, which I will post for all to look at. Looking to concentrate on wildlife and night photography at the moment.
I have been in to photography since a young boy, about 11 I had my first 126 film camera. Worst pictures I had ever seen looking back at them now. Then as a teenager got a nice Canon AE-1 with a range of lenses from my uncle. Got it out the other day (20 years after putting it away) and had a go. Just waiting on my third roll of film to be developed.
My first digital camera of any count was the Fuji FinePix S3000 and had a blast with still life, then came the mobile phone with great low light capability which I have been happy with for years, good enough for most occasions.
But after travelling more lately, plus taking long walks in our local Norfolk area, I am now realizing what I have been missing. So with that, it was time to get back into my photography.
I have did not want to go all out on a whole new rig so did a lot of research and boiled it down to a Sony A7ii, 12-24mm GM, 85mm GM, and today a 100-400mm GM, plus a 2x teleconverter. Plus my old Canon lenses with an adapter. This should get me started. :) I found all my gear on local resale sites or eBay, saved several thousands I am sure. So will be testing them all out over then next few months. Excited to get out there shooting.
Cheers, Mike

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum Mike and thanks for joining up! Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome. Another Norfolk dweller here too. We might have to have a meet up (when I'm back on my feet)

hello ,a fair set of sony lenses to get started with all gms enjoy.
Hi Paul, thought about going on the cheaper side with lenses, tried my old Canon F mounts with an adapter, but just not what I was looking for. Cameras come and go but the lens are what brings you in focus with the world :cool:

I have been in to photography since a young boy, about 11 I had my first 126 film camera.
Sounds very familiar! I bought my first Sony FF camera before Christmas although I have had an RX100 for nine years.

Welcome aboard.

Back