Hello from Ottawa, Canada!

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

kierang_20

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Oct 25, 2021
Name
Kieran
Hey friends,

I finally bought myself a camera! I'm Kieran (20yrs old), and I'm originally from Vancouver, now living in Ottawa for work. I bought a Sony a6400 the other day which is pretty exciting, I've been looking to buy it for over a year and a half now. I also frequently use an A7Siii at work, so I'm pretty familiar with Sony cameras.

I'm using my a6400 with the sigma 16+30 f1.4, as well as some 50mm vintage glass from Minolta+Pentacon. Hoping to buy a nice midrange zoom (probably FE for when I upgrade to full frame), or maybe a nice 85mm, which is my favorite focal length on full frame, and I imagine will look quite nice on my a6400 as well.

I enjoy shooting portraits, and want to experiment with filmmaking!

God bless!
Kieran

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Welcome aboard!
Always nice to have a fellow APSC user join the forum. Those Sigma prime lenses are sooo good.
Curious to know if working with the A7SIII so often diminishes your enjoyment of the a6400 in any way? For example: do you miss the fully articulating screen or the IBIS when you switch back to your personal camera?

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Welcome Kieran and thank you for joining up here! The a6400 is a cracking camera and very popular as well, so you've definitely made a good choice!

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.