Hello - Newbie

genesiusj

Followers
Following
Name
Genesius Jaromsky
Hi,
I've been shooting with my Sony A6300 and SEL18200 OSS since August 2023. It was gifted to me by a friend who is the personal photographer for our Diocesan Bishop. I enjoy photogrpahy, as an amateur. I've been told in the past, that I have a very good eye for composition (little PNS cameras, cell phone cameras, and my Kodak AZ405). I also shot some 35mm (Minolta Maxxum 6000?) back in the 90's. However, back then, ALL in Auto mode. Now with the A6300 I have ventured into S, A, and M modes; mostly A. I purchased a A-Mount to E-Mount adapter so I could use my Minolta lenses, as well as some other used vintage glass.
Thanks nd God bless,
Genesius

Welcome!

Welcome Genesius and thank you for joining up here. If you have any questions about the forum please don't hesitate to ask.

@Unframed Dave
Not shy. If you check out my only post thus far, Sony A6300 Changes Settings on Its Own, I am having a panic attack over my A6300 being possessed ;) as I am preparing for the solar eclipse in 6 days. Thanks to the weather, 20+ mph winds when its not raining, and clouds and rain the rest of the time, I have ZERO practice of shooting the Sun. Of course, if my camera is going to wonk out on me during totality, so be it. My eyes need to view one of natures most spectacular events.
And if my camera makes it through the event, with or without taking good pics, I intend to wake up in the early morning hours on Tuesday to shoot The Milky Way over Lake Ontario. My location is a Bortel ~4.5.
Thanks for the greeting.
God bless,
Genesius

Welcome Genesius and thank you for joining up here. If you have any questions about the forum please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks for the suggestions in my other post.
God bless,
Genesius

Back