Sony A6300 More Bracketing Questions

Sony A6300 Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

genesiusj

Followers
Following
Name
Genesius Jaromsky
Hello,
I know I have been asking a lot of questions, being a newbie, I have many questions around my A6300 and the eclispse.
I am using my SEL18200 OSS 3.5-6.3 lens to shoot the eclispse.
However, I also have
  • K&F Concept A-mount to E-mount adapter
  • SIgma 28-300mm 1:3.5-6.3D A-mount lens (use adper to connect to A6300)
I would like to use this lens instead. However, as there will be no "communication" between the A6300 and the Sigma lens, will the A6300 still adjust shutterspeed to bracket if I am in manual mode (ISO - 100, F/8, base SS 1/500sec)? I don't want to test it without knowing this because of the issues I have been having (see previous post) on my settings changing sporadically on their own. My current setup has been working; except for two times where I had to turn the camera off/on to establish control with the buttons and menus.

Thanks and God bless,
Genesius 🙏 📸☀️🌑

The shutter speed in manual mode is controlled by the camera based on the bracketing settings. If you have it set for 1EV brackets for 7 shots then it would shoot from 1/60 to 1/4000.

I don't have much experience to comment on your bracketing threads and the upcoming eclipse, but I figure that the camera body, shutter, and image sensor are working together to change the shutter speed (exposure) based on the camera's exposure meter and your bracketing settings; so even if you had a totally manual lens, it wouldn't matter. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can comment.

I don't have much experience to comment on your bracketing threads and the upcoming eclipse, but I figure that the camera body, shutter, and image sensor are working together to change the shutter speed (exposure) based on the camera's exposure meter and your bracketing settings; so even if you had a totally manual lens, it wouldn't matter. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me can comment.
Thanks.
God bless,
Genesius 🙏📸

The shutter speed in manual mode is controlled by the camera based on the bracketing settings. If you have it set for 1EV brackets for 7 shots then it would shoot from 1/60 to 1/4000.
Thanks.
God bless,
Genesius 🙏📸

Providing updates for all who were very helpful in this and other posts.
Had the opportunity to experience double totality: I was in the path of totality AND we had 100% total cloud cover. Not even partials were visible. The one saving grace was during totality we experienced 360 degree sunset. Pictures will follow in a future post.
EDITED: Apologies. Because of the issues with my A6300 wonking out, my 360 degree pics are from my point-and-shoot Kodak AZ405, which I can't post here.
Thanks and God bless,
Genesius 🙏 📸

Last edited:

Sony A6300 Resources: Firmware | User Guide | Price Check: B&H Photo

Back